HybridZ

History Channel 8pm WED - 240z Show

Hugh

Guest MaXbOOst
somehow they managed to make the cars slower than stock?? They were running 17s the whole time? Come one guys, don't they run like 15 something stock?

i believe around 16's stock.......

thats what i was wondering 20sec qmile times with those mods? ? should have been atleast 16's......if not 14's....

maybe they make them run a half mile??

i dunno , but they seemed slower than usual to me

Agreed. The Z history was pretty good, but the show itself was pretty weak. They were suppose to have 14 hours to modify the cars for a drag race with the winning team keeping both cars. Both teams opted for a cam, ignition, headers and 4 barrell carb. Oh the drama! They didn't even tune, just bolt and go.

Really hurt when they said they were "bringing a bit of high technology to a 30 year old car" as they bolted a Holley 390 on. With that set up they would have been better to keep the SU's.

I agree w/the history part.It was interesting.The rest was an absolute joke.They both put a new cam,springs,header,and holly 4bbl setup on the cars.I did'nt notice them to be automatics though...just me i guess...I remember one guy stalling badly off the line in one race.I guess thats why I thought they were stick cars.The most piss poor driving I have ever seen.hell,they had john morton there,they should have just let him make a couple of passes.pretty decent cars overall though.Wonder where they got em?

the history part of it was awesome, when they were about to talk about Mr. K i started yelling "Mr. K Datsun MASTER" guess those beers did affect me abit lol.

but man o man those cars were slow.. ill race those things anyday for pinks!

good parts cars!

mike

Yeah, I had no idea that show was gonna be so bad.

I enjoyed the Z Car History portion of it as well... that was the History Channel talking. They can make anything sound interesting. Then comes the "Orange County Choppers" style bitching and complaining... It was like twin wannabe Jesse James'. I was not impressed with the twins at all.

The contestants on the show were just some regular guys that didn't know much about what they were doing... and thats kinda cool, because thats what real life is like, usually.

"Bringing some technology to a 30 year old car" Now... I could see if they were hooking up a standalone EFI system and a modern turbo kit or something... but these guys put on a Holley 4 Barrel and a header, and think its gonna tear the tires off the rims or something?

I can't believe they did a baseline run on the dyno, and didn't show any tuning runs at all. I can only assume they handed that over to a professional... as they took the time to paint the cars before track day.

Anyone else notice the overspray on the windshield trim?:P

Also, they didn't have a chance to make up a "Plan" really. They were offered a handful of parts and had to take it or leave it. Seems like they had a choice of headers... and the team that took the smaller header smoked the other team.

Next week (22nd )they`re supposed to do something with VW beetles. That should be interesting, although I`m sure I have the ending already figured out. I`m guessing 25 sec in the 1/4 since they ran 20 sec stock. Since every show i`ve seen is with an auto in drive, the beetles might force them to use manuals. After all the VW auto you have to shift anyway (no drive selection and the rarity if it)

I agree the show was a peice of shiet. But I was impressed with the top end of the orange one. Bogs of the line and still caught him. They probably didn`t use the SU`s becaulse noone was smart enough to tune them!!!

Anyone see the chevy vs. ford feasco. 400hp motors,slicks,3000 stall speeds, b&m ratchet shifters,Blah,Blah,Blah........14.6 to a 14.8!?!?!?! Junk I say Junk!

If they left them stock they would have been faster 3000 sea level or not!

Mark