HybridZ

Keeping my motorscooter...

Mikelly

Couple of the guys who've been to the house have heard a few of my police encounters and my desire to unload my bike because of them...

After MONTHS (Six to be exact) of trying to sell the bike with the additional race plastics and all trhe slicks and extra wheels, stands, manuals, carb sticks, and other related tools/ fluids, I gave up. I"m simply not willing to give over $7000 worth of gear and BIKE away (Especially with the mods) for less than $4500!

So in May I took a new job out west of where I live, and the trip there is NOT a grind up I95 to I395... No, there are many different alternate routes with backroads that are roads you see in magazines... Roads behind Quantico Marine Corps Base, sandwhiched in between Fairfax, Prince William, Stafford, and Fauquire Counties... I'll be doing a LOT more commuting on my scooter... and since My Buddy Barry now works for my company and across the street from my location, we'll be riding in together and back home the same route together... he ride a BMW, so I'll be kept on a leash!

I'm also gonna sign up for several track days this year. I plan to do 4 in the Vette/ Z and four on the bike.

Mike

Congrats on the new position and better commute.

Nice way to kick off a new year.

"I'm also gonna sign up for several track days this year. I plan to do 4 in the Vette/ Z and four on the bike."

Get a nice video camera and I`ll be video pit boy :mrgreen: so at least I can get to the track.

Gabe I've got a 1998 ZX9R that is tweeked pretty well and turns 132Hp at the rear wheel and is 390Pounds dry... I've got a ton of spares for it, and it is a clean ride... Lots of fun!

Doug, I JUST bought the wife a DVR mini recorder for Xmas, since she was NOT happy with my Digicam. So we'll have a camcorder of sorts for it... 20X zoom, very good stability and seems to be a nice little unit for the coin spent!

Mike

Mike, I thought I was the only one that knew about the Quantico backroads! Smooth asphalt, banked turns in places, and -my favorite- elevation changes mid turn. My best Z driving experiences are on those roads. Catching a little air around a bend gets me giggling like a kid on a rollercoaster. There was a small shop nearby where I hung out alot before I joined the Navy (forget the name), and the owner had numerous Datsuns. Is it still there? The guy really knew Z's. I had some work done on my 260 there, but mainly I just loitered. The owner had a yellow 280 with some suspension work and he tossed me the keys from time to time. :lol: The thing handled like a go-kart.

Rt.619 and Aiden road are the roads you are thinking of that go From Independance Hill down to the main entrance at Qtown at Rt.1. I catch air in the Vette a LOT on my commutes when I take those alternate routes.

That shop was there as of a year ago. I think he still has a lot of stuff from Zs, but his problem was he was stuck in the early 80s. His prices on parts was THROUGH the roof as of three years ago.

I Went to the owners house and I'm not kidding when I say he had at least 100 old rusted out Zs, ZXs, and 510s...

Mike