HybridZ

Rear Glass Replacement

jumblies

Hi,

I have a 70 240Z project car and it's been in storage for, oh, lets say, 15 years. The back window was broken out and I'm having a devil of a time finding another. The regional scrap yards don't have any intact for the Z, and I'm thinking that lexan is going to be forced on me.

My understanding is that the lexan req'd for competition offers no weight savings over the stock glass, but this is a little hard to believe. The defroster part matter, as it's a play car, not a daily driver.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Specifically, where to get old hatch glass or how people have gone about using lexan.

Thanks

Dang, I was working in scottsdale a year and a half ago. Too bad I didn't have the car then.

I found a guy in town that can replace it with laminated glass for under $100, cut to fit. Really, about the same price as lexan without all the scratching.

I've ordered a seal and will have them cut it and fit it into the hatchback, which is sitting on the floor in the garage. Thanks for your input.

Try your local windshield distributor. These folks have an uncanny way of finding glass for almost any application cheap. I bought a new windshield for my '77 Z for $100. Junkyards were asking $125-150 for used ones. Look in the yellow pages under like your cities name, auto glass, I.E. Charlotte auto glass. Its worth a try if you have not done this.

Ferd

• 4 years later...
We take pride in giving you the opportunity to find the best deal on for your automobile. Whether your personal vehicle is in need of auto glass repair or rear glass replacement or a business vehicle is in need of auto glass repair or replacement, we give you the ability

Have you ever tried to buy a new rear glass? new its almost $1000, or glass companies just don't offer it.