HybridZ

turbo pathfinder update

GrayZee

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Find out if the Hardbody and 200sx use the same mounts from the factory. I doubt it, but you never know.

I did a 406ci SBC in an 80's 200sx. We just welded in mounts made from steel plate. We had to mount the radiator in the hatchback and cut a big hole underneath it. We put fans on the bottom of the radiator pulling air out of the car. It ran low 7's in the 1/8 mile and promptly tore up the R200.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

There would have been room if we had set the engine back towards the firewall, but we chose to leave it in a standard location and put the radiator in the back. I can't remember the exact clearance problem we had, but I believe it was related to the steering rack and oil pan, and that's why we left the engine forward. With some fooling around with the oil pan it should fit in the setback position.

Find out if the Hardbody and 200sx use the same mounts from the factory. I doubt it' date=' but you never know.

I did a 406ci SBC in an 80's 200sx. We just welded in mounts made from steel plate. We had to mount the radiator in the hatchback and cut a big hole underneath it. We put fans on the bottom of the radiator pulling air out of the car. It ran low 7's in the 1/8 mile and promptly tore up the R200.[/quote']

Cool.. Up here in canada, we never got the V6 model 200sx. Just 2.0 N/A or 1.8T... I always wnated to stick a 300zx turbo in my 85. I had people saying "No way man.. a V6 isn't gona fit in there.." I told them they came stock with them in other markets, and ppl had even put V8's in.. they still didnt believe me.. :lol: I sold mine a few years ago...was hurting for cash, had to vehicles, got $300 from a kid who then got in a high speed chase a few days later and wrecked it...I'm looking for another one to build someday..

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

My friend who I was supposed to install a V8 in his truck gave up on his project and GAVE me his '94 Nissan Hardbody and the V8 mounts, so all I need is a motor and tranny and I'll have a V8 hardbody!

I'll post pics when I get it finished!

Cool.. Up here in canada, we never got the V6 model 200sx. Just 2.0 N/A or 1.8T... I always wnated to stick a 300zx turbo in my 85. I had people saying "No way man.. a V6 isn't gona fit in there.." I told them they came stock with them in other markets, and ppl had even put V8's in.. they still didnt believe me.. :lol: I sold mine a few years ago...was hurting for cash, had to vehicles, got $300 from a kid who then got in a high speed chase a few days later and wrecked it...I'm looking for another one to build someday..

A friend of mine recently bought a 200sx with a CA20 engine. He is thinking of putting in a VG30et, after some research he learned that all you need to do is get a 300zx crossmember and the whole thing even the struts can be swapped into that chassis. So there are your engine mounts and everything all in a nice tidy package. Of course there is a world of aftermarket parts (struts, springs, ect.) available for the z31 chassis. Supposedly even the rear suspension is swappable. If we even get to the point where this is confirmed we will let you know. I'm sure a custom intake (and exhaust) manifold will be needed in that swap as well as the 200sx V6 has a special low profile intake.

A friend of mine recently bought a 200sx with a CA20 engine. He is thinking of putting in a VG30et, after some research he learned that all you need to do is get a 300zx crossmember and the whole thing even the struts can be swapped into that chassis. So there are your engine mounts and everything all in a nice tidy package. Of course there is a world of aftermarket parts (struts, springs, ect.) available for the z31 chassis. Supposedly even the rear suspension is swappable. If we even get to the point where this is confirmed we will let you know. I'm sure a custom intake (and exhaust) manifold will be needed in that swap as well as the 200sx V6 has a special low profile intake.
... ....have your friend look into CLUB- S12.ORG....SOMEONE IS DOING this swap right now and its anything but a drop in installation....cant use the Z31 turbo crossmember...the turbo brackets have to be cut off and weded onto the 200sx cross member....anyway the guys documenting the swap and has pictures posted at the site.

Guest Turbodime
A mercury villager is the same as a nissan quest??? Wow' date=' you learn something new everyday..

I found a pic of a engine bay from a van

[img']http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/527000-527999/527950_4_full.jpg[/img]

Looks like the TB faces the rear of the engine. So that won't work, I think I'll stick with the custom intake idea.

We basically just need a "air box" with a TB port that also bolts to the lower part of the stock intake. Thanks for the idea though..

On most VG30 intakes you can flip the upper intake as the lower intake holes are evenly spaced.

Also you can use a Maxima intake and the hot set up is the Pathey intake and Maxima dizzy (cheaper plug wires).

Aaron

527950_4_full.jpg

Looks like the TB faces the rear of the engine. So that won't work, I think I'll stick with the custom intake idea.

We basically just need a "air box" with a TB port that also bolts to the lower part of the stock intake. Thanks for the idea though..