HybridZ

SK Racing Carbs Back in Buisness?

SHO-Z

I was looking on ebay and saw a set of triple weber clone carbs, looked just like SKs. I sent him and email and got this responce.

"They are not SK Carbs, but their big brother. There were a lot of problems with the SK design. OER bought out SK 6 years ago and retooled the carb, hence the similarity. They are much better than the SK and weber and we feel on par if not superior to Delortos. They do however also have the adjustable float level and acceleration pump on the outside which makes them even cooler."

I have not found any other information on them on the internet.

I have a set of 45mm OERs on my 3.1. Bought 'em used a couple of years ago (edit: from a guy who bought them used in Japan). No problems with them, engine runs like a banshee over 3500. You can use Mikuni PHH main air jets, and Mikuni 102/221 (?) small round motorcycle main fuel jets (same type as in my SV650). If you want to swap emulsion tubes, you have to get them from OER in Japan, they don't have a dealer or distribution in the US. Mine aren't exactly optimized for around town, she won't idle worth a damn. But I hardly ever drive it except to and from the track, anyway:)

SK originally used simply rebadged Mikuinis.

OER ended up taking the Sangyo Kiki brand and consolidating it.

I guess if there are "Design problems" with the original PHH Mikuinis, then OER addressed them (???) But that sounds morte like Marketing szpeak.

There was some lawsuits about patent infringement between some of the companies involved since some racing carburettors used WEBER jets interchangably, along with most other internal parts....

That is more to the point of why everybody got shook up...

OER's were preferred for blowthrough since they knocked off the Dellorto Design on the Emulsion Tubes for on-boost enrichment and were cheaper than Dells at the time.

Any of them are good carbs, it's getting parts when you need them that makes it interesting.

I have never noticed any "design problems" with the Mikuini PHH, and they have been running strong on my car for almost 20 (gads!) years now!

• 1 month later...