HybridZ

V8 Z guinee Pig in Arizona???

Any movement on taking a V8Z to them?

According to their technical and engineering department they aren't interested in any further V8Z development.

I like about 8-9 miles from them and could take my car to them if they were interested...

My car is very low, so, judging from the pictures I see in this thread there is practically no possible way for my to use their headers in my application.

I used the S&S headers as a base for my tri-Ys. They came out nicely. It would be a shame to chop up new ones, but I got mine used, so I wasn't worried about it. The clearance of the stock unit is terrible!

Driver side:

fb6cf103.jpg

fbc28f3c.jpg

After coating:

fbc28f40.jpg

Tim

Here's a couple more. Regarding ride height, my car is 6" from the ground to the flats on the bottom of the rockers. This yields 1 3/4" ground clearance on the P side header. The damage you see didn't happen on track, rather when I was on the way to a car show and came up on a repaving project where there was a dropoff where they had quit for the day.

pic%20039s.jpg

pic%20040s.jpg

For my application, a TKO with GM 10.5 bellhousing, the collectors could be moved in a couple of inches to gain footwell clearance. I suspect that would conflict with the pan on a auto application though.

John

Betty at S&S doesn't know that one of the senior guys in the fabrication shop has talked to me about this issue...

Since I got mine for $125 from a member here, I'm inclined to cut them and mod them... We'll see the closer I get... Tim's tri-Y set up looks very promissing!

Mike

well i think for the good of the team the set up should be made a 1 3/4" primaries. well rounded number that meets in the middle. however, i am running a 400SBC and want a 1 7/8. I dont really want to take one for the team cause i am kinda selfish.

MY VOTE IS 1 7/8" PRIMARIES WITH A 3" COLLECTOR.

Maybe they'll make a tri-y????

I keep trying to remember that for my application it probably makes no difference. I am building the motor to be between 400 - 500 HP and I was told that my car with no motor/trans/interior is 800 lbs.

yet to get it on a scale though. figured i would just worry about the final assembly weight.