HybridZ

3.7 lsd bracket for 280z

Guest 280z/300zx

Guest 280z/300zx

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I tried searching first and didn't find what I needed. Some guys from zcar.com directed me here saying that someone here made a bracket so that the finned cover for the 3.7 lsd could be used when installing in my 77 280z. Just wondering if it was still available and if so how much. I know one can be made but I lack both the skill and tools to do it. Thanks

The guy that made these lost his machine shop source and no longer makes them. Several guys on here have made them and they are fairly simple to do. Maybe some one will post a pic.

Welcome to the best Z board out there.

Mark

Guest 280z/300zx

That is why I'm trying to locate the bracket or find a way to use the finned cover. I've talked a few guys over at zcar.com and they said after a couple of years of use there were no problems using the 3.7 lsd with the non-finned cover. Still Nissan used it for a reason which is why I would like to keep it on there. I guess I'll just keep the cover until someone else starts making something to let it work. Thanks guys

If i knew how to post pics, i would show you. Basicly, its just a bar of 1 inch square stock with 1.25 inch spacers bolted to the hangers 1/4 if an inch above the old rear tranverse link using four 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts. Im using urathane bushings and have about .5 to .75 inch of flex room.

Guest 280z/300zx

If you could post pics either here, z31.com, or zcar.com I would appreciate it. I visit all three forums daily and often. Also how much would you charge to make one for me? Maybe once I see a pic I'll be able to build one myself but if not would you be willing to do one for me? Thanks

Julio

Guest 280z/300zx

That looks pretty good. Lots of good info, thanks. As for the transverse link there is no way i could make that as I lack the proper tools and skill to do it correctly. Would you be willing to make me one? How much would it be? Does it change the geometry of the suspension at all? How about the strength. Anyway let me know. Thanks

Hey all,

I've had a clutch type LSD in my car for many years and have always had good results putting the stock cover on the LSD and putting in a GOOD LSD gear oil in the diff...

I currently switched to the Royal Purple LSD synthetic... It gets beat on and has been great....

I think making the bracket to support the finned cover is overkill unless the car is gonna be put on the track... And even then I've had my car on the track (road coarse) 6 times and it has performed flawlessly with the Royal Purple Gear lube in it...

Just my .02

Ken