HybridZ

LS1/T56 BMW hybrid

This is really, really cool! And such a poke in the eye of the purists! (BMW purists are even more ornery than Datsun purists).

I have a 1992 E36 coupe. It truly is an aesthetically beautiful car, but indeed the power (especially the low-end torque) is unpleasantly vapid. I don’t want to jinx my engine by pondering a swap (just yet), but when that puppy finally chews its last bone, and Hans and Fritz will want to charge $8000 for fixing it, it’ll be time for a LS1 swap.

I don’t want to jinx my engine by pondering a swap (just yet), but when that puppy finally chews its last bone, and Hans and Fritz will want to charge $8000 for fixing it, it’ll be time for a LS1 swap.

I have a 1994 325i 4-door myself and have been thinking the same exact thing my friend...

I have a car that I have been considering a swap in. Its an 87 325 with the 2.7 L6 and fivespeed. I love the body style but its a little old for most. I want to put the ground effects all the way around and get rid of the steel bumpers by using the one fiberglass ones like the 318. I figure its on the same level as a datsun swap cause I'm 2600 in a nice little car. When it finally blows up (lick a rock for 4 yrs)..... I'll put a v8 in. I dont know about an LS1 though. those are still a little complicated for my backwoods shadtree mechanical skills.

as a side note....... comes with pretty good braking and a stout straight axle from factory.