HybridZ

280zx just keeps boosting - Help

Gavin

I cant get my new 83 turbo's boost under control. If I dont take my foot off of the throttle it'll approach 14psi. I have checked and/or replaced every vac line I could find but nothing has changed. I am using a boost controller that was installed in the car when I baught it. If I were to bypass the boost controller should it boost to the stock 6-7 psi? Because thats not happening either.

I'm going to keep looking for vac leaks, but is there any place where I should look or where this problem commonly occurs?

I cant get my new 83 turbo's boost under control. If I dont take my foot off of the throttle it'll approach 14psi. I have checked and/or replaced every vac line I could find but nothing has changed. I am using a boost controller that was installed in the car when I baught it. If I were to bypass the boost controller should it boost to the stock 6-7 psi? Because thats not happening either.

I'm going to keep looking for vac leaks' date=' but is there any place where I should look or where this problem commonly occurs?[/quote']

your wastegate might be broken, grab the rod and see if you could move it back.

See WHY it's not moving.

i found it hard to make it move when the actuator was attached.

I would remove the actuator rod, and see if the flapper moves on it's own. If it does, then the actuator or a signal line to it is your problem.

If the little flapper arm doesn't move, then there is something with it, and you can take it apart further if you want to see why. Try soaking it in REAL penetrating oil, and see if it frees up, Once you can move it yourself, then try it again.

Not much in that part of the system for failure.