HybridZ

Rear Quarter Panels for the 280ZX

Chris-280ZX

Welp, don't know if the insurance company is going to pay up or not...but regardless, I'm probably still going to fix my Z. I've been trying to find rear quarter panels for it, without much luck. MSA and Nissan don't stock them anymore. A lot easier to find them for the earlier Z models, but not the ZX. So anyone know where I might look for some? Besides a junk yard? Thanks.

P.S. Any chance there are some out there that are lighter in weight...like aftermarket...fiberglass or another material? Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I need both sides unforunately...and will be straightening the body regardless :) I did run into the TABCO site and see that they had them posted. Anyone had any experience with them? The price seems almost too good to be true. I was expecting closer to $700 a panel, or at least that's what the body shop guy said the quote from Nissan was when they used to stock them.

MSA doesn't have them stocked...at least that's the word. I forgot about Victoria British, but they also have them listed:

http://www.victoriabritish.com/features/z/ZBD3.htm

This might be an option. Why does it seem like these are still too cheap? As I said, the body guy I trust said Nissan had them listed as around $700 a pop when they stocked them. Either that was ridiculous or...

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone had any experience with them?

Yes, super quick (and free) delivery! I plan on using them for the full rear quarter panel for my 1st gen.

The price seems almost too good to be true. I was expecting closer to $700 a panel, or at least that's what the body shop guy said the quote from Nissan was when they used to stock them.

I'm pretty sure VB sells the TABCO panels. There's another place on the web that has very similar P/N to the TABCO parts, although I can't find it at the moment.

Wayne

I am looking for 2+2 rear panel. Are they available?

only in a junkyard or from a donor that someone is parting out.

Not sure where you are located but I did ask if our local one (East Coast Z in Chesapeake) had one, he said yes. His email address is zpartsman@-remove-for-spam-aol.com

Not sure of his price, only the availability. FWIW - He is also clearing out a bunch of first and second generation shells.

Wayne

there is a junkyard right across the river from here called Marshall's they have about 15 s-130s (several 2+2s aswell).... most have decent bodies... I am going to ask about a lft side for my ZXR but I can ask about cost for a pair too... and wich side is needed for that 2+2? I'm goin there 2-marrow so I can post in the afternoon if I find out n e thing