HybridZ

Pic of my other toys.......

COZY Z COLE

I can never find the time to play anymore... sucks. But I only played the sappy acoustic stuff anyway, no rocking out for me. Felt good to play, now I do chores all weekend, and work on projects. I guess I just don't care about the music anymore. Maybe I never did. Simpler time... less to do back then (in college).

My best friend had a fender super six reverb given to him by his Aunt.

All six speakers were blown, so he took the amp head out and destroyed the box, threw away everything but the amp head.

I put new tubes in it for him, hooked it up to a couple of new speakers, and it sounds great. Then I told him that I saw an original super six going for $1000 on e-bay.

It would have probably cost $400 to replace all those speakers, the tubes were around $150. $1000 - $550 = $450 profit, if only he hadn't destroyed the box.

Oh well.

That is awesome Larry. I love the color of the Guild top, it has that aged yellow look. I never have bought a Tele but it is on my "to do" list. I wish I had pictures of my guitars to put on but I don't

I have 6 right now:

1999 Heritage Super Eagle, 18" , single cutaway jazz guitar just like a Gibson super 400CES. It has super curly AAAA flame maple back sides and neck and AAAA spruce top, incredible guitar.

2002 Heritage Jazz Delux, 17", single cutaway jazz guitar with a floating pickup. The wood is rather plain, no figure, mahogany back sides and neck and a spruce top. GOING UP FOR SALE SOON.

1938 Kalimazoo (made by Gibson) archtop. Mahogany back sides and neck and a spruce top. It does not have a truss rod so the neck is very thick but it still plays great even though it is nearly 70 years old.

Fender Strat, with Seymore Duncan pickups for clarity,old school country sound, it gets a great blues sound when it is cranked.

1981 Gibson ES347, sunburst, I bought in 1992, it was in mint condition when I bought it but now after 13 years of bar gigs it has finish cracks, the finish on the neck is worn to bare wood in spots and the binding has turned yellow, it has age perfectly. When I open the case it smells like stale beer and an ashtry, I love it. I play this guitar the most.

1980 Gibson Flying V II, a very strange guitar with pickups shaped like Vees. It is hard to play because of the shape and balance and does not sound very good but it is so odd I will never get rid of it.

I play through a Carr Slant 6V amp only. They are the greatest amps IMO. Hand made all tube circutry with piont to piont wiring, no transistors or circut boards. Made like an old amplifier (50 early 60's) but with modern technology blended in. Extremely flexable. I can play a dinner gig (jazz) and pack up go to the bar and play nasty agressive rock then go to an after hours party and play country all on the same amp. Check out the web site. www.carramps.com

I play all the time. I started in 1982 when I was 12 and never stopped, I nearly failed high school playing the guitar and not doing or even going to school. I play a lot of blues, fusion and jazz gigs. I also play for theater productions for our community theatre and university. I love those gigs, they are old school, every thing is live. The band plays in a pit infront and below the stage and autitorium, with a conductor that will give you a hell of a stair if you F#!K up.

Thanks for the replies guys.....I posted this on a whim as the political posts were getting old to me.:wink:

Billz260---- It's never too late to learn. Buy a guitar, How to play book/ with tunes ,cords changes, and cord finger placement and you are set or there are some good internet sites. Remember alot of songwriters/musicians can't read music and play by ear or cheat sheets. If you know 4 basic cords( C,Am,F,and G} you can strum 90% of the tunes out there.

lt1...... The pictures I posted awhile ago were not of my car but of a friend's car being tuned at the dyno shop. 8 sec. 1/4 mile 67 GTX.

baddriver..... That story reminds me of ones told to me about long ago Z'S that are not around anymore.

HeavyZ......Air Force regulations forbid the playing of banjos within 5 miles of a C-5 airplane.:-P

Zguitar71..... Great collection and let's see a pic. You've more talent then me and I like you story. If you notice my GUILD has pick and finger stroke marks on the opposite side of the guard. I learned to play a right- handed strung guitar upside down being that I am left- handed and dirt poor as a kid that was the only type guitar I could borrow. It was quite interesting learning cords upside down.:-D

Playing music is better for one's mental health then any medicine made...........

LARRY

Cool. My Dad worked for a company called Command Instruments in the 60's. They made all sorts of stuff, but their biggest innovation was laminated helicopter blades. Charlie Command was also a musician and used the same technology to build the Ovation guitars. My Dad and the previous owner of my 'vette designed and built the first ovation amplifiers to compete with the Fender Bassman of the time, which was an accoustic nightmare when hooked up to instrumentation. But the drivers of the time were so bad they had to "dumb down" their amp to keep from massively distorting the driver.