HybridZ

polls on this snail

240zprace

comp: 50 a/r housing/ 60 trim wheel

turbine: 63a/r housing / stage 5 wheel

should i go with 60a/r housing or stay with 50a/r. it's gonna be a custom turbo built by innovative turbo systems. looking to make 350-400 rwhp at 18-20 psi boost. any other thoughts of turbo sizes is welcome also.

also, i was thinking of: t3/t04r kahuna, t3/gt35r. help me choose one...

A To4R (67mm wheel) is huge compared to your first choice. The GT35R compressor wheel is now used by alot of turbo shops as it is a little better than the 60-1. I think the T3/TO4R is a little big on the cold side and small on the hot side. I would go full T4, that way you have the option of changing turbos if you ever wanted, there are alot more options when going bigger. Here's a few links

T4 http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbochargers-display.php?company_id=101795&category_id=3027

T3/4 http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbochargers-display.php?company_id=101795&category_id=3026

CT26 is about as big as a TO4B S trim wheel, the turbine wheel is a tad larger than the T3 wheel. You would be better off with a stock 280-300zx turbo or a GN turbo. CT26's can't be easily clocked like Garret stuff, they also use a different flange and tend to become very unreliable around 18 psi+.

A To4R (67mm wheel) is huge compared to your first choice. The GT35R compressor wheel is now used by alot of turbo shops as it is a little better than the 60-1. I think the T3/TO4R is a little big on the cold side and small on the hot side. I would go full T4' date=' that way you have the option of changing turbos if you ever wanted, there are alot more options when going bigger. Here's a few links

T4 http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbochargers-display.php?company_id=101795&category_id=3027

T3/4 http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbochargers-display.php?company_id=101795&category_id=3026[/quote']

thanks clifton, i,ll look into these turbos

CT26 is not cheap to build and rebuild since the parts are not so abandon. I guess that;s one of the reason no one uses one.

Parts are actually as easy to get as Garret parts, at least in AZ. They are easier to work on too. No clips holding the bearings in like Garrets. They are just to small. Upgrading them is pointless though.

You will need to have an adaptor fabricated to use the CT26 on a T3 exhaust flange.I just had a adaptor made to use a T3 flange on my manifold that was setup to use a CT26.If your just looking for a buget turbo and aren`t looking for more than 300rwh the CT26 is a decent choice and it has a water cooled center section that makes it nice on a street driven car.

I have a 57 trim E wheel with a .63 a/r stage V in my car ( 280zxt). I tried both the .60 a/r comp housing and the .50 comp housing. The only real diff I noticed between the two ( at least on my car) was that the .50 housing started to turn into a restriction on the top end (18 psi) as compared to the .60. This is from my "seat of the pants" dyno! The .50 housing doesn't require a spacer on the exhaust flange, either. I like the .60 better. Either way, it is a fantastic turbo IMO. My $.02

Aaron

I have a 57 trim E wheel with a .63 a/r stage V in my car ( 280zxt). I tried both the .60 a/r comp housing and the .50 comp housing. The only real diff I noticed between the two ( at least on my car) was that the .50 housing started to turn into a restriction on the top end (18 psi) as compared to the .60. This is from my "seat of the pants" dyno! The .50 housing doesn't require a spacer on the exhaust flange' date=' either. I like the .60 better. Either way, it is a fantastic turbo IMO. My $.02

Aaron[/quote']

thanks for the info...

spoke to tech rep. from cheapturbo.com and he would work out a price for me...

1. GT35R turbo ( ball bearings)

2. 2- T3 flanges

3. 3"- 4 bolt flange

4. 44mm Tial wastegate

all for $1799 shipped to my door. do you all think this is a good buy?

by the way, has anyone on this board used this turbo on a L28et..