HybridZ

How about some pics of cleaned up intake manifolds?

dat240zg

I searched and thought that there used to be a thread on egr and non-egr manifolds that were cleaned up - prettyfied - but can't find it anywhere.

I'm curious to know from some of you guys who have already done the L28 turbo swap and went with the non-egr manifold what you cut (on the manifold) and welded up, etc.

Anyone want to volunteer pics?

Bryan

Dat240zg

I'm in the process right now, going to remove the ERG,webbing between the runners, grind off all protruding castings, install new JSK fuel rail, put injector wires in polished stainless runner and remove throttle bar linkage from the top and install a cable system that operates from under the manifold. It sould look reeeaaallly clean by then. I'll post pics here soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So what all can be removed from the mainfold, or better yet, what do i HAVE to keep on there?

im going to run a o-ring fuel rail, Aeromotive FPR, and i will have a BOV installed..

i have an 83 zxt engine with all sorts of crazy things running around.. hahha

thanks for the help!

Get rid of all of it' date=' just leave yourself enough vacuum hook-ups. You will need to set your idle using a jacking screw on the TB if you get ride of the idle air bypass dealie.

N-42 manifold befor,

[img']http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/Intake_befor_and_car_show_018.jpg[/img]

after,

As_clean_as_it_gets_004.jpg

As_clean_as_it_gets_002.jpg

Good gravy thats shiny :o looks pretty sweet.

Only the valve cover, intake mani,and intercooler pipes. The rest is polished, I had the original intake and valve cover polished but I got tired of polishing it. The crome looks much better and easier to keep nice. I had the head polished on the side where the spark plugs are, that looks sweet.