HybridZ

Corvette rear end

Guest crazycustom240z

Guest crazycustom240z

Anyone know of anybody installing a vette rear end in a 240z? Also I have been looking and looking for a set of plans to build a tubular chassis for my z.

Jeff

First, Welcome!

I will be polite as I am sure others won't. You should use the search function first as there are a number of posts about using a C4 rear end in a Z. It has been done, and has its complications (too wide I believe). Take a look around, and ask questions that cannot be answered by searching.

Joshua

Guest crazycustom240z

Sbc 400

are you droppin a 400 in your z I got one for free and its the good one 010 numbers in it. I have to destroke it to a 377 with a turbo blow through carburation system. The chassis from jegs that people have talked about is it designed to be a rolling chassis without the body on it? Thanks much

Jeff

yea, I will be dropping the 400 in it, my set is just NA 400 with brownfield heads flat tops and a vic jr intake. after the chassis si finnished and I save up some money I will work on the engine more. I dont know much about the jegs chassis, but I do believe that it is a roller set up for a solid rear end, a drag racing chassis. but I am sure it could be altered to fit a vette rear end.

mine is a complete custom chassis built to the datsun wheelbase with the corvette suspension. and it will be a complete roller, with the body removable.

Guest crazycustom240z

sweet I have big plans for mine but I start school here soon which puts a dampner on the fundage but thank god for the GI bill uncle sam gets to help pay for my project. I wanted to get away from the Macpherson strut up front and have been reading lots of books on suspension setup and design. I want to build a completely adjustable unequal length double a arm setup for the front and rear. I don't care to much if its gonna be a stiff ride cause it will be a weekend car. My goal though is to pull up to a new vette and blow his doors off on a road course. and then laugh at him hahahaha. So comfort really isn't a big concern for me I want performance and handling. The only problem I think that I will have with the rear suspension will be some of the geometry. I have the fronts figured out. Another thing do you think the jegster frame has a lot of torsional stiffness in it?

jeff

My goal though is to pull up to a new vette and blow his doors off on a road course. and then laugh at him hahahaha. So comfort really isn't a big concern for me I want performance and handling.

Jeff,

Your goal can be accomplished with the suspension that's on the car now. Just ask John Coffey.

!M!