HybridZ

225mm to 250mm clutch swap Competition Cluth - HELP

Lewis Maudlin

OK, I am switching my tranny from 4 spd to 5 spd. While I am at it, I am going to throw in a clutch. Do I need anything other than this clutch kit:

This Clutch Kit Includes: KNS91403/J

· Genuine NISSAN O.E.M. EXEDY ASCO Pressure Plate (made in Japan)

· Genuine NISSAN O.E.M. EXEDY ASCO Disc (made in Japan)

· Genuine NISSAN O.E.M. NACHI KOYO Release Bearing (made in Japan)

· Axle Guider (Pilot Bushing)

· Alignment Tool

AND

a lightened flywheel

AND

the correct bearing collar from MSA?

ALSO

what does anyone think of this deal from Competition Clutch?

http://www.landspeedracing.com/catalog/product_23581_Competition_Clutch_Lightweight_Flywheel.html

Please help ASAP

I am using the flywheel and clutch from Arizona Zcar. I paid $450 for the two together and received all the parts I needed. I have never had any problems and recomend it to anyone. I am not familiar with the flywheel you are looking into. I could not find a weight for iton the web site; do not go too light or the car will not be much fun on the street. IMO I would not go any lighter than 11 LBS. The flywheel I have is the 250mm size and weighs 13.5 LBS.

• 3 weeks later...

I run an HKS 225mm 10lb flywheel with a 4 puck disk. A 225 mm clutch will hold whatever you want if you increase the clamp load and or disk material. I wouldn't get to hung up on the Exedy, Asco, Nissan name. It's just OE replacement parts and none will hold alot of torque. Don't know what kind of power you have. Unless the disk material has been changed or spring pressure replacement parts are basically all the same. IMO $450 for just a flywheel is alot.

I went with the 240mm clutch with the standard flywheel new from partsamerica. I got the clutch collar at MSA and the clutch kit from ebay for like $99. The flywheel was $49.99 and the clutch collar was like $20. So for $170, I have the larger clutch. That's a little more than just replacing the 225, but will work better when I get around to putting a turbo in. Thanks all. Lewis.