HybridZ

240SX brake lines/conversion

Guest zfan

Hey Guys,

Got another brake question for you guys who have done the 240SX rear disc conversion. What did you do for brake lines on the 240SX calipers. Did you have custom lines created or did you use the 240 SX lines and tie them in to the originals some how. The 240SX calipers have a banjo type fitting with rubber hose. My Z has the traditional male fitting with steel braded lines.

Mike

Hey Guys' date='

Got another brake question for you guys who have done the 240SX rear disc conversion. What did you do for brake lines on the 240SX calipers. Did you have custom lines created or did you use the 240 SX lines and tie them in to the originals some how. The 240SX calipers have a banjo type fitting with rubber hose. My Z has the traditional male fitting with steel braded lines.

Mike[/quote']

Don't forget our own DOT approved custom stainless line set made specifically for this purpose. Just making sure you were aware of the option.

Talk to Ross about this he will set you up nice. The only thing I had to buy, (that Ross did not supply with my order), with my 240SX rear conversion was the long brake line that runs from the passenger side of the Z to the driver's side. I bought that at O'Rielly Auto Parts.

The braided lines that you can get from Ross are great looking and easy to use. Here is a pic: (Note in this early pic I had not yet cut off the old hard line mounting boss. This is something that you have to do).

8210rear_conversion003-med.JPG

So what size are the rotors on this conversion?

The rotors are 11.4", early Z31 rotors. Full package info here, http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2

FWIW, 2 days ago drove on a 1/2 mile Nascar oval with Ken's supercharged Z car and our own front 4x4 setup and the rear disk setup above. Not recommended by Nascar but worked for us :) Pads being used were very mild for the track and still tolerated our mild efforts at learning an oval track (roadcourse wasn't available and that was the day for testing!).