HybridZ

what injector size to match future upgrades?

Joedatsun

I am in the beginning stages of building my L28et for my 240Z swap. I'm planning on the following set-up to start......P90 head, N42 intake, 60mm TB,

Stock T3, Spearco intercooler w/ 2.5" piping all contoled by an SDS EFI system. My question is this, what injector size should I use? My ultimate goal is to upgrade the turbo to a T3/T4 hybrid and I would like to buy injectors only once. What if any injector would work with the stock turbo and still be large enough to feed the larger turbo? My goal is 300 or so rwhp.

Go bigger than 370cc, like 440cc or so, youll make 300rwhp with much less duty cycle. 450cc (or are they 420cc) Mercedes 450 sel injectors slip right in. I would suggest these over the 370s, especially if you are going to keep the stock turbo.

Go bigger than 370cc, like 440cc or so, youll make 300rwhp with much less duty cycle. 450cc (or are they 420cc) Mercedes 450 sel injectors slip right in. I would suggest these over the 370s, especially if you are going to keep the stock turbo.

I definitely plan on upgrading the turbo at some point. Will 450cc's work w/ the stock turbo as well as a t3/t4 with a 300-350rwhp goal?

370cc/min is enough for 300rwhp. Now if your goal is 350rwhp then you should state that, because that requires larger injectors. 300rwhp is doable on the stock turbo and has been done by a few guys here... though they may not have the dyno sheets to prove it their quarter mile times certainly do.

Since you are using an SDS you can get away with going a bit on the larger side of what you need and still get decent off boost economy/performance/idle.

Since your going programmable FI I would err on the side of a little too large. None of us is ever satified with the amout of power we are making so my thinking is if your going to change them now, why not prepare for future mods and go a little larger?

Joe

370's will work, so will 450's but if you want to do it only once and or going stand alone don't get just enough fuel. Get 550's or bigger. I am running 550's on my L28 with SDS and on the 7M, 6 550's and 2 additonal 450's. Your 300 rwhp goal could change if you get the itchy boost bug. A bigger turbo on race gas and 25-30 psi you will need more fuel than 450's will provide. It doesn't hurt to go bigger than you need. JSK has O ring fuel rails pretty cheap and O ring injectors are alot easier to find in the larger sizes.