HybridZ

Is this product bogus?

Guest tony78_280z

Guest tony78_280z

This company Tadger Group does a great job of sounding technical and intelligent. So good in fact that I don't understand how it works.

http://www.canadianenvironmental.com/bin/cf_external_frameset.cfm?new_url=www%2Etadgergroup%2Ecom

It isn't another bogus air tumbling device used to introduce turbulance. Partly because it connects to the fuel line. I supose it could attempt to create fuel turbulance. Some of their claims seem rather lagit. Particularly their emissions claims. http://www.canadianenvironmental.com/marketplace/marketplace_detail.cfm?RecordID=2122

I'm always interested in getting better fuel burn (since I'm running a carb not EFI) but most products out there don't stand on any real facts. This seems different.

Guest 240zJake

Sounds like total bull. If it really worked he could explain it in simpler terms.

TADGER Group International

2 Parkwood Rd., Grimsby ON, L3M 4K8

Ph: (905) 308-0331 Fax: (905) 309-3299

E-mail: support@tadgergroup.com

Web site: http://www.tadgergroup.com

April 24, 2002

Thank you for your interest in the scientific principles behind the patented TADGER.

The molecules in diesel fuel are positioned in a chain of carbon atoms, hydrogen atoms and sulphur atoms. The atoms cluster together in a ball with the outside atoms insulating the inside atoms from exposure to the eventual oxygen burn. At the point of combustion, swarms of oxygen atoms attack the carbon, hydrogen and sulphur atoms. Every place an oxygen atom contacts a carbon, hydrogen and sulphur atom, energy is released. Carbon atoms cluster together insulating inside carbon atoms from exposure to the oxygen atom resulting in some of carbon atoms going unburned and being blown out the exhaust as pollution.

As fuel enters the Tadger, the area of fuel is decreased resulting in an increase in the fuel velocity (Continuity Equation & Bernoulli Equation). The fuel continues through the Tadger and passes over two baffles fixed at 90deg. to each other. This section also increases the fuel velocity as well as creates an initial disruption in the viscous forces (laminar flow). The fuel then enters a fixed venturi configuration causing fluid inertia to further disrupt the already disrupted flow. The factor that determines which type of flow is present is the ratio of inertia forces to viscous forces within the fluid, expressed by the non-dimensional Reynolds Number. Fluid flows are laminar for Reynolds Numbers up to 2000. Beyond a Reynolds Number of 4000, the flow is completely turbulent. The fuel flow exiting the Tadger exhibits a controlled turbulence with a Reynolds Number between 2000 and 4000. This controlled turbulence uniformly separates the clustered molecules. By exposing more of the fuel molecules with oxygen, more of the fuel will be burnt. The result of a better burn is less fuel needed to make horsepower and less unburned fuel being blown out the exhaust as pollution.

The net result is a continuously consistent combustion process.

Guest tony78_280z

I hate to say that someone who lacks communication skills is simply spewing bull. This is why you rarely see inventors selling their own products. They higher advertisers. You would think they could do a better job of describing their own item though. Now they got two "car guys" who don't understand what the damn thing does. What we realy need is some incredibly technicaly minded person who can translate all that scientific mumbo jumbo into a language that everyone here can easily understand.

Guest 240zJake

The stuff he is spewing about Reynolds Number is basically a definition, the only explanation he gives about his product is that it causes molecules to be shaken open, which sounds like total bs, if his product aggregated the flow of air in the combustion chamber so the fuel and air mixed better, then he could make his claims, but it seems like he is just selling a fuel flow restrictor so the engine runs leaner because of decreased fuel flow.

I was trying to say that in the first post that his use of language that is above most peoples understanding is one of the fallacies we were learning about in English, however when trying to recall this information I realized I was ten minutes late to that english class.

I hate these people who hawk useless junk that can only hurt performance or do nothing at all.....

Give me a break....It creates turbulence in the fuel line....and this is supposed to have some chemical effect down the line after the fuel has passed though any number of other turbulent restrictions...including the spray nozzels of the injectors... I bet I can get the same results by driving real fast and "shaking" my fuel tank. As far as the "photo" proof they provide....how about a frame of reference...they can just as well make that claim of soot reduction and really only mean that "we cleaned the paint when we installed the device...and then we took this photo".... The bus pic does not mention that the engine was in too high a gear in the smokey picture...and the clean picture has it in neutral.

You can stick one on the end of your Penis to enhance your sperm too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DoTheDrew888
Originally Posted by bjhines

I bet I can get the same results by driving real fast and "shaking" my fuel tank.

You might also increase sperm count by driving real fast and shaking the "fuel tank". Haha, sorry I had to say it.

Ok, I have to agree it's pobably useless! But, right up front they tell you its for diesel fuel! I don't think any of us are using a diesel engines anyway. I think the hole advertisment is intended to play on peoples emotions.......Its done every day in advertising.

Actually' date=' on there opening page:

The TADGER is a patented means to allow the fuel, on any gas or diesel engine, to burn more efficiently.

Apparently they think it will work with any combustable liquid. Such high hopes.[/quote']

You are correct, that is what they say, however, if you read their scientific explanation, there is no mention of gasoline...only details relating to diesel fuel! Interesting at best. Don't they call these kind of items gadgets, dohickies, thingamabobs, junk, etc........

Guest 73Turbo240z
Maybe if you put some magnets next to the fuel line.......

so that over time all the metalic gunk from various filling stations tanks collects and sticks in those nice 90 degree bents they speak of?

when i read the tech sheet for it, basically i pictured a tube villed with a series of L shapes and then a velocity stack at the end.

i think theres other areas to spend your money wisely. and for the record, for being such a "fuel optimizer" that cruize ships setup is running lean as hell, look at the amount of deposit it left on the ship.

i would imagine anyone w/ a stand alone setup and a wide band could destroy this product easily, besides if it were really that great there would be a cut away view of it or an animation on how it works, not double speak as we were shown a few posts above mine.