HybridZ

#2-TT 383 Chevy Z race video posted

This one is an inside view of what it looks and sounds like during a 1/8th mile run at Irwindale. It is also one of the first times that tire smoke entered the passenger compartment during the burnout.

I title this, "Stayin' in it":flamedevi

Had to show her who was 'da man', so lifting was not an option.

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/9455Drag_Race-Inside.wmv

Hanns

The wall, the otherside, the wall, the other side---sheesh! Way to keep your foot in it. Natural reaction is to lift, but not you!

How'd the tire smoke smell before your launch :mrgreen:

Thanks for posting another great video. I'd love to see the car in a 1/4 mile run for kicks, only I want to be there!!

Davy

How'd the tire smoke smell before your launch :mrgreen:Davy

I love the smell of burning tire rubber, morning, noon and nighttime too.

I'm planning a trip to Sacramento Raceway sometime this year. I'll run low 10's all day on the brakes and then a 9 for the last run so that they can kick me out again.

Hanns

WOW!! She looks like quite the handfull!!

What was your right hand doing at the ignition switch area before the launch? transbrake switch? Looks like fun......maybe soon we can square up? :icon52::twisted:

Kudos for the cool vids!!

dude you gotta quit doin this to me. every time I see the vid my mind starts thinkin all kinds of crazy things. I was just plannin on doing a conservative swap but if you keep it up I may just to do something drastic!!

all kidding aside thats awsome. I was just planning on doing the propane/nitrous on my 383, but after seein your vids I dont think Im gonna be happy without the turbo.

how many would be interested in a DVD of sorts from Turbo Meister Hanns?

I actually made a DVD from a collection of videos I have. But most are from inside the cockpit looking out as I'm racing. It gets pretty boring to constantly have the same view.

The videos are also a little older and my launch has improved since I 've been working with the rear suspension. Time for more boost.

My primary purpose for shooting this video was to inform me of the water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and boost while racing. For some reason I was too busy steering to look at the gauges in real time. There are very few videos like the other one I posted for lack of having someone tape the race. A friend of mine said he would be willing to tape more race shots this year. Thus, if I can get a more diverse collection of video shots, I could make a more entertaining DVD for anyone interested. Maybe include some show video and other fast Z's at the track.

TIM 240Z

What was your right hand doing at the ignition switch area before the launch? transbrake switch? Looks like fun......maybe soon we can square up? :icon52::twisted:

Yes, it's my transbrake button. I think I'm going to have to up my boost 'just a little'.:nono:

Hanns

Damn

That is wild ride to say the least! What time was in video thought I saw it

This was one of my slower 1/8th mile runs because the Z was so squirrely at launch and I was late shifting into 2nd gear. But it still ran a decent 6.50 seconds and 110 mph. Most of my runs are in the 6.30's and 6.40's. The time you see in the video is the reaction time. That is always posted first at Irwindale. It was under .500 because I redlit. The engine was pulling so hard against the transbrake that I didn't want to wait any longer to launch.

Hanns

Turbo' date='

Do you have a manual shift valvebody?[/quote']

Yes, manual shift valvebody, reverse shift pattern TH400 has never given me any problems on the street or the strip. Rated at 800 hp and built by "Mike's Transmissions" in Lancaster, Ca.

Hanns

Well my eyes are very bad but 6.50 with that slippery launch is IMPRESSIVE. I have to wonder how you will plant more boost but obviously you know what it can do.

I'm slowing putting together a supercharged LT1 with 9" I hope to be <6.8 maybe later this summer I will be newest person in 6's

Thanks again very nice setup and great video I downloaded it, hope you don't mind. I consider that one of the best 'amateur' drag videos I have seen!

Yes rewatched your video a few times, and I see where you redlighted, and shift light is on a while in second. I swear I saw 5.96 but I still say WILD ride.

I still wonder how you will plant more power, and laugh thinking your ride is getting 'normal' to you.

I change my mind constantly on charged 377 LT1, but will watch your video as inspiration. I plan on running maybe 10 LBs boost so 6.8 is probably realistic especially for first year. I know 6's are hard and a tenth at the level is a struggle so I hope I am keeping expectations real.

Thanks again for inspiration. Good luck with increasing boost.