HybridZ

Carburated turbo setup..

Hypertek

I really want to pick up a 240z 70-73... was wondering, can a zx turbo exhuast manifold/turbo/downpipe bolt right up? then have a plenum built for the carbs to run for it? Dont really want to go thru an engine swap conversion. But this should work right?

If you get your Turbo thing figured out, I've got a '72 i might be willing to part with.

It was going to be my Hybrid project, but I fell into another and it is just sitting........I hate to sell it, but don't know when I'll get time to work on it.

Let me know via email if you want to talk.

Bill

I really want to pick up a 240z 70-73... was wondering, can a zx turbo exhuast manifold/turbo/downpipe bolt right up? then have a plenum built for the carbs to run for it? Dont really want to go thru an engine swap conversion. But this should work right?

The turbo manifold will bolt up. I don't know if you can blow through SU's though. The old SU kits were suck through. You could run a 4 barrel or twin DGV Webers and blow through them. Used down draft Webers are cheap. You can get plenums for either that bolt on. Don't expect to run alot of boost on an L24/26 though.

In the long run you would be better off and happier finding a ZXT in a JY and getting the EFI, long block, and turbo though.

I've thought about this a bit, and done some diging/reading on turbo'd carb setups.. Pros; can be relativly cheep, and quick. Cons; Hard to tune (have to tune with weather, as with ANY carb) , Lots of tinkering to get proper air/fuel at diferent boost levels, some problems with heat, ect. I'd say the best bet is to go with EFI if you want a reliable (and tunable) turbo charged Z. Or maybe a buick grand national engine.. I think someone did that once.. :lol: