HybridZ

Good 302 chevy video.

For all the guys that frowned on my using a 302, or didnt belive they could spin past 8k, here ya go..

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/videos/highrevhigh.wmv

He not only exceeds 8k, he holds it there, which i think it worse.

also, i was upset when he didnt rack it up really fast.

it could get to 8k faster than you can say "datsun"

Imagine hearin that comin from an z

My friends Dad has a 1971 240Z with a 1969 sbc DZ302 and to top it off it has a baby blower 144 on it. It sounds so sweet and makes crazy power. I think around 500-600 hp.

Mike

yeah, i noticed that too, i was thinkin,g maybe they opened a door, or a window, and let more of the noise in, Or they coulda have changed something with the exhaust, which isnt too likly on a dyno, i can always e-mail the ppl that the provided the video.

My friends Dad has a 1971 240Z with a 1969 sbc DZ302 and to top it off it has a baby blower 144 on it. It sounds so sweet and makes crazy power. I think around 500-600 hp.

Mike

I would like to know more about that car.... How about some engine specs,pics, or a dynosheet?????

LARRY

So my 3 year old daughter ask me what I'm listening to, so I put the headphones on her and play the vid. After a few seconds of listening she looks up and smiles and says "zoom zoom daddy, it's go fast". A future Hot Rodder in the making for sure. Maybe I should score another Z or two now, for the kids.

Larry,

My friend Daniels Fathers car is a 1971 240Z that has a DZ302 sbc in it, it has a forged crank, h beam rods, Custom forged pistons to go with the Twisted Wedge trick flow heads, port work by Kim Barr racing. Compression is right at 11 to 1. Solid roller cam with 250/260 duration and 570 lift I believe. B&M 144 baby blower with a 750 holley dp.

Transmission is a built Richmond 6 speed with a Corvette independant rear end, gears are 320's I believe. It has a full cage and I mean like 16 point cage and racing seats. Everything is solid mounted so it rides kind of rough.

Brakes are Wilwoods all the way around. It has centerline wheels I think 17x10 in the back and 17x8 up front.

I am sure I forgotten a bunch but I will try to get and post pics.

Mike

The only thing better than a 302... is taking a 400 block, sticking in a 3'' stroke crank and having a big bore 302 that is actually about 327 cubes! Awesome! :D

If you want another high-rpm rush... check out this video of Hans Stuck tearing it up!

http://www.ddurrelltech.com/bmw/

It is the second one... aww nuts! Dead Link!! That was an adrenaline pumping video if I ever saw one! Anybody else got this? Or, does anyone know how I can post the file? I saved it.