HybridZ

NOT Z - But Crazy Body Transformation

boholio

Guest SeanyD300zxT

crazy CRAZY amounts of skill went into that...an the guys on the board still go off about how it's not authentic....

really cool, thanks for the link

Guest Aaron

Yeah, saw that about six months ago. Lots of skill, but why whould you spend that effort when there a several kit cars available that are just as authentic?

Because he could! I had my heart set on a 250GTO kit body, but then started wondering if a full body fabrication could be done by myself (that and the lack of $4500). A great deal of satisfaction is had in fabricating something from basically raw materials, and when completed, it becomes another chapter in the book of life experiences to its creator. This is what makes this site so different from others in that self-fabrication is a major characteristic of HybridZ's personality, and the open mindedness of our members allow this characteristic to exist.

Because he could! I had my heart set on a 250GTO kit body, but then started wondering if a full body fabrication could be done by myself (that and the lack of $4500). A great deal of satisfaction is had in fabricating something from basically raw materials, and when completed, it becomes another chapter in the book of life experiences to its creator. This is what makes this site so different from others in that self-fabrication is a major characteristic of HybridZ's personality, and the open mindedness of our members allow this characteristic to exist.

I second that emotion Terry! Well put.

and his car is only 1000 times sicker than a ferrari kit car

I like the "hobby" aspect of it and can't see it going any further. It's a shame I live in the middle of Arkansas (but it's not all bad) in that I think I could really enjoy being in the midst of fellow hybriders. I've seen a couple of V8 Zs here in town, and one GTO conversion (all of which surprises me, ...considering) so the environment is not totally 4WD/Trucks, but its not a Mecca of hot rods either (lots of rice though, but I guess that's everwhere now days). Oh, NOS is fixing to be outlawed here as a couple of kids got killed during a race that involved the magic gas. Now some legislator wants to outlaw it's use because it "enhances the car's performance beyond what it was designed for." I suppose my HybridZ will be next.

Guest comeandzpa

I don't believe how many people went off on tangents about where the pictures came from or how they bastardized a nice honda etc. Also, they apparently had a big to-do about inappropriate signatures or something...sheesh. Makes me respect this board 10X more. Regardless...the point of the thread was "look how crazy this bodywork was". Did it look 100% accurate? No, but as Terry said, if you did it yourself it doesn't HAVE to look 100% accurate.

Ridiculous body work, I don't think I could make a box out of a box. I'm impressed.

Being Japanese myself, I know there's not a lot of space to do that kinda stuff, having your own personal one car garage is even a blessing! And for that you'd have to be super rich or live in the sticks.

I bet the owner had a shop do it...just some rich guy who was bored with his car. But the work is awesome and I agree with Terry on the self-satisfaction. Cuz IF YOU DIDN'T BUILD IT...:-)

Owen