dilution(%) >6 15.3

LOW Speed

Standard Current Reading Result

HC (PPM) 157 163 Fail

Co(%) 0.88 1.19 Fail

co2(%) 13.8

NOx(ppm) 1084 814 Pass

dilution(%) >6 15.0

If anyone has any advise Please Help, I just changed the O2 sensor and there was no change. I have to get the car running for my wife because I just Totaled her 04 neon last Fri. suc

:twak: Have you done the normal stuff most of us do before trying to test. One of the best is changing your oil a day or two before testing. Also running carb or injector cleaner thru the system before testing (sea foam is great). Doing a tune-up before testing will help. Hope this helps, take care, Rich.:icon52:

I had this same problem with a Honda Prelude in 2001 when they first started requireint the NOX testing and they lowered all the maximums, I got results that were actually better than I got in 99, but anyway, I replaced the O2 sensor, Cat, IACV, cleaned the injectors, full tuneup, egr valve, some vacuum things and $1500 later I had about a 10% improvement. Then I added low octain gas with alcohol, it didn't do anything, couldn't figure out why (probably too many computer controls counteracting the cheat). Had no power. Then I took it to a mechanic who had a smog tester and said, get it to work. $350 later he said, come and get it, he got it 25% improved which was just barely passing. He turned the exhaust cam back a few degrees to keep more exhaust in the cylinders. Lost like 10% of my power.

Then I took it to get it smogged per his instructions:

1. On a rainy day

2. Drive it on surface streets and rev it up, but don't drive it hard.

3. Leave it running while waiting for the service.

Passed just barely.

Then it started sucking a quart every 300 miles so I donated it to charity and

bought a Z that is exempt. :mrgreen:

Hope this helps.