HybridZ

To all the t56 Z owners!

Ive got an LS1 T56 and am putting together all the components needed to get all the electrical hooked up. I am having one hell of a time finding some simple items however. I need the pigtails that connect to the reverse lights, reverse lockout and speedometer...(did i forget any? I dont care about the skipshift). anyways, i cannot find any part numbers for these items. I know people have gotten them to do a clean install on their cars. Can someone help me out. I figured that the dealer was the only place to go, but i couldnt get much help from them. These cant be all that hard to get ahold of. I also need a new rubber boot that fits over the shifter pivot assembly. Anyone got a good place to source these items? Please dont say "the junk yard". They want me to buy a $75 wire harness.

Thanks.

I've got the part #'s for an LT1 so I'm not sure if they changed for the LS1's or not.

Reverse lock out 12101857

Reverse lights 12085485

VSS 12101899 (This part # doesn't pull anything up on GMpartsdirect.com any longer)

Are you making a custom harness?

All those connections are on the standard wiring harness. If you can get it for 75 dollars its a great deal.

I have a '69 sbc 355 and a t56. Im maing my own wireing harness for the setup. Basicly the reverse lockout gets current when the brake gets pressed, the reverse lights just go to the switch in the tranny and the speedo is going to the electric speedo i have.

THANKS JEFF for the part nubers!

You can get just those 3 "pigtails" from GM. I think I paid like $12 for the VSS connector and something like $22 for the reverse lock out connector. I dont remember what I paid for the reverse light connector. The connectors arent really all that expensive when you consider what a whole engine harness costs new!

Guy