HybridZ

Antioch CA Z owners?

JoeinCA

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that there are a few people who frequent this forum that live in my city.

I think i twould be a great idea to see if we could form a small club or at least arrange meetings so that everyone can get to know each other and exchange ideas. SO, if you live in antioch or the surrounding areas, and you are interested in hanging out with other z people, throw in your $.02. Maybe we could arrange a metting at a local pizza joint or something to that effect. Get together, take a look at each other's rides and just shoot the zhit. rockon.gif

I just think it could prove to be a fun experience...

Have a nice day,

Joe

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Joe,

That's a great idea. I live in Pittsburg and will be getting my very own first 240Z this Saturday. The clutch doesn't engage now so that'll be the first thing to fix. I'm attending the arc welding class at Los Medanos College this fall. Maybe I can use the tools and the shop to help build a rotisserie. It'd be cool to meet fellow Z enthusiasts and trade ideas or techniques. I'm an amateur at car restoration so more knowledge the merrier. smile.gif

Cheers,

Wilbur

joe, you can subscribe to NorCalHybridZ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com , our norcal mailing list. we have 25 people on it so far, and looks like we'll be meeting up in september at san leandro marina for a meet, and to check out the kit car club meet that'll be happening that weekend

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorCalHybridZ/

Okay Dan, no politics. bonk.gif

Guy cali, sounds like a good project... I wish i had started with a 240z... :-) But right now i am rebuilding my 280 and giving it paint (finally).

I think that there are at least 2-3 v8z's in antioch and the surrounding areas, and beyond that i'm not too sure. Plus i know that there are at least a few straight 6 runners that also frequent these forums in the area...

Anyone want to suggest a place to meet?

Thanks auxilary, that sounds like fun, i'll look into it as soon as i finish writing this post.

Have a good night,

Joe

I think it would be best to place it on a friday, saturday or sunday... around 6-7 P.M at... Coffee Carvern in the century plaza on the border of Antioch and Pittsburg?

Just a suggestion...

But i think we should meet next weekend.... the particulars should be decided by what is best for everyone that is involved.

What is everyone's preference as far as the day of the week? Time of day? Anyone have a better idea for where to meet?

Heh, maybe by next weekend i will have my Z back up and running (yeah right! rolleyesg.gif )

Guest LIghtningZ

Well it would be just my sh!@y luck you guys would do it that weekend cry2.gif ... i have to go into the studio and lay down the demo tracks with my band, Oh what the hell i'll see if i can make it!! cheers.gif BTW i think that either fridays or satudays would be cool rockon.gif cant party on sundays nono.gif work ya know... yeah right heck im only twenty three cheers.gifpuke.gifrockon.gif

joeinca, Does your car have speakers right under the seat more towards the front? I wondering if your the same person Jon and I met.

BTW I emailed you last week asking what area where you in Antioch.

Anyway good idea and nice to see Dan and the Stockton guy's willing to come down this way.

My speakers were in a small box in the back of my car... and right now my car isn't in one piece.

I think i have seen your car around town though.

I drove a 77 280Z that was the original gold color and had some really bad sun damage. no front bumper... ring a bell?

I live in the deer valley area by the golf course, but i spend most of my time in the mira Vista hills area, ( by twin creeks apartments).

Lightning- no partying on sunday? just take a few aspirin before you go to sleep (and some when you wake up, and again at lunch time...). cheers.gif heh.

Guest Anonymous

You guys pick the time & place. Daylight is better than night for me (it seems I can't spot the cops at night but it they always see me) Pittsburg is better than Antioch (same reason).

I've seen a lot of Z's running around here too and it would be cool to hook-up.

Jon

Guest LIghtningZ

Hows about next friday on the 23rd 6:30-7:00?? cheers.gif Btw a few of us would like to meet here in Stockton this friday at Lincoln Center It would be great to have ya give me a yell for directions!!! 2thumbs.gifrockon.gifcheers.gif

Well, the general opinion seems to be that next friday would be best.

So, next friday at starbucks in Pittsburg at about 6-6:30?

Hopefully that doesnt conflict with commutes...

Sorry for not being online for a few days, ive been a bit busy...

Have a nice day,

Joe

Originally posted by joeinCA:

Well, the general opinion seems to be that next friday would be best.

So, next friday at starbucks in Pittsburg at about 6-6:30?

Hopefully that doesnt conflict with commutes...

Sorry for not being online for a few days, ive been a bit busy...

Have a nice day,

Joe

Is this Starbucks by Albertsons? I hope not, I feel uncomfortable about that area.

no...

It is over by the new lowes... In the shopping center across from Krispy Cream(sp?)...

I know what you mean about the deer valley area.... i live in the area and still dont feel all that comfortable there...

Hopefully i will have at least one running vehicle by next week, my malibu decided not to start tonight.... grrrrr

Have a nice day.

Joe

Guest LIghtningZ

O.k. so do we have anything solid on the Antioch/Pittsburg meet?? lincoln center didn't work out to hot if more people did attend we missed each other I didget to see a silver ZX but didn't find the driver, kinda wished I had a sign that said HYBRIDZ bonk.gif . I did get to meet Donna and Dennis Clean Z coollook.gif , Donna... I did want a ride LOL 2thumbs.gifcheers.gif