HybridZ

B&M Shift Kit & Very FIRM shifts.

Guest tony78_280z

Guest tony78_280z

I got my B&M kit installed with a little confusion, a bit of work, and alot of paranoia. It advertises firmer shifts. It sure as hell does shift more firm. I'm wondering if anyone has had excessive U-joint failure after installing one of these kits.

Hmmm, maybe this belongs in the Drivetrain forum.

I don't know...when I bought the El Camino donormobile I was told the transmission had already been done up...but, wasn't given any more info than that. (the guy I bought it from bought it from somebody non running - a gasket was covering the inlet fuel filter for the carb). It does seem to shift awfully hard.

i have never installed one yet in a 700r4 but on the t350 it gave 2 or 3 levels to choose....i always went middle of the road and it was just firm enough of a shift....did you have to readjust the tv cable?

I have had my 700r4 built by a performance tranny shop and it was stiffer. I just adjusted the TV cable a little bit. Do not adjust it to where the shifts are sloppy or stacked so to speak. Your tranny will not live long that way.

Mike