HybridZ

Just finished my CV Conversion!

RedZ85

How long did it take for you to get your parts from Ross?

LOL, well...I placed my order for the billet on the 10th of February and i got the adaptors on the 8th of this month. The thing was that my order when the first run was produced never shipped out and i had to wait until the second run was finished. He shipped them out to me second day air. I think its like an extra $30 if you want 3-5 day or so. You can email him if you want.

The adaptors are awesome though!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just got an R200 from an 88 non SS turbo Z and I have an extra full rear end from a 86 turbo Z that I plan on using the shafts from.

1. Do I need those adaptors or since I'm using all 300zx parts will I be good?

2. Can I still use the rear disk conversion thats been done on my 240z?

I looked for direct answers in the search but I was unable to find it.

While we're on the subject of CV conversions, could someone tell me if the spline count and shaft diameter are the same on the 280ZXT as the 300ZXT? In other words, would these tulips both fit properly on the same axleshaft? I'm using CV side flanges from a 86 720 4x4 front R180 on my NISMO LSD R180. It uses the same style tulip as the outer 280ZXT joint (except the conical protrusion isnt there). I'd like to use the 300ZXT outers because the flange is thinner and it would possibly allow more room for running a swaybar. I'll get off the rant and back to the question at hand. Has anyone got an answer for me?

Looks Good! Very nice write up as well. I can only hope mine goes as well in the near future. Just waiting on my adapters....

How long did it take for you to get your parts from Ross?

(Nicely done writeup as usual RedZ85!)

Rufus, we got your cores for the welded CV setup last week so they're in for blasting now. But we've got other cores we're using for yours, to expedite completion of your order, in at machinist already for the fabrication welding. Your prepped stub axles from our cores are already boxed for you, your complete packages will head out early next week :)

The timing on the billet stuff was first time production and came with the expected learning curve for the manufacturer. New runs in stock and shipping as Ryan mentioned.

Nice. Now that the shafts are in, how does it drive? Less clunk, smoother power, quieter? I can't wait to get mine off the stands. I saw birds flying North!

I like it a lot...dunno about quieter though. Its hard for me to compare because when i did the diff installation, i used a steel strap made from 1.25" steel band that went over the diff and the diff front mount. While i still have a rubber mount under the diff, i know the strap is making it more ridged which is transmitting more noise into the cab. Its nothing bad, i hardley even noticed it...turn on some music and it disapears. Makes a little cluck (again, i think the steel band has something to do with it) but its hardly noticable...nothing more than stock. All in all, she drives about the same(except now i can do donuts!) , but i know that i can drive the hell out of her and have no problems...and with a LSD and a V8 with a 6 speed...thats exactly what im gonna do!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just got an R200 from an 88 non SS turbo Z and I have an extra full rear end from a 86 turbo Z that I plan on using the shafts from.

1. Do I need those adaptors or since I'm using all 300zx parts will I be good?

2. Can I still use the rear disk conversion thats been done on my 240z?

I looked for direct answers in the search but I was unable to find it.

are you asking that if you use he diff from the 88 turbo and the half shafts from an 86 turbo will that work? If you DONT have a VLSD, then yes, those hafl shafts will work in that diff. The adapters are designed to mate with 280Z stub axles. Do you have those? What kind of brake conversion did you do? Was it designed around the stock 240Z setup? If so, the Diff & CV conversion shouldnt interfere.

RED Z

Your post & write up with pictures is fantastic. I have been thinking about this swap for a while. I have a 78 so I have the correct stub axels but I have 2 questions I hope you can help me with.

1) what years ZXT300 Z31 do I need to get the CV's for?

2) can you use the sway bar in the swap?

Thanks,

Rusty

RED Z

Your post & write up with pictures is fantastic. I have been thinking about this swap for a while. I have a 78 so I have the correct stub axels but I have 2 questions I hope you can help me with.

Thanks' date='

Rusty[/quote']

This will work.

Its right here at hybrid and about half the price of what I paid for mine. The key is it has to be a twin turbo. As for swaybars i believe using Ross' adapters, you can.

RED Z

Thanks' date='

Rusty[/quote']

Any 84-89 Z31 Turbo CV's will work. They are all the same with the exception of the white 88 SE CV's. The VLSD has a different type of CV shaft and will not work in an R200 CLSD differential.

I believe i have seen 2 different set-ups for a rear swaybar in the 240Z's. One faces of the front of the car, and the other wraping around the rear of the rear suspention (Nismo setup??). Im not sure though. I dont have a swaybar in my car as of yet.

I believe that your car came with rear a swaybar. Whats its orentation?

Anyone have any information on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Any 84-89 Z31 Turbo CV's will work. They are all the same with the exception of the white 88 SE CV's. The VLSD has a different type of CV shaft and will not work in an R200 CLSD differential.

** Easiest way to make sure you get the right ones is to ask/make sure they've got 4 bolt outer flanges......all other Z31 shafts are 6 bolt outers and too long.

**Yes' date=' a number of different solutions have been done by many. You can either shorten the end link or create a shorter one with appropriate bolt's etc. to create the necessary clearance.

[/quote']

Hope that helps,