HybridZ

Need options for 15 " or 16" wheels wider than 8 inches.

I am in the process of putting the Subtle Z fiberglass fenders and quarters on my car. After that is complete, I am planning to buy some wider wheels to try and take advantage of the extra space. Unfortunately, all the wheels these days seem to be 7" wide or 20" in diameter. My old wheels are 15 x 8 and 16 x8 and have 245/45/16 tires mounted on them. I would like to find some 15 or 16 inch wheels that are nine to ten inches wide and decently light so that I can use 275/45/16 tires.

So far the only decent option that I have found are Real Racing wheels (wide 5 with an adapter).

Any suggestions?

I use diamond racing wheels. Steel Wheel but they are at the right price. Need to buy the right offset. Last time I checked with them they had a set of 4x4.5 16" 12 " wide.

BTW

what tire are you getting in a 275/45r16. I am interested. I am currently looking at Kuhmo ectas 712 255/50r16 and stretching them onto a 10" rim.

CCW- Complete Custom Wheel will build you whatever you want, strong lightweight, modular, 16 - 1800.

Real Racing Wheels Pro 6 model is a modular, about $1200.

Circle Racing has nice 2 piece welded customs, 17 - 1800.

John

At UW Formula SAE we ran keizer wheels for a number of years. Three years ago we switched to Kodiaks and since then started making our own centers. Last year I was going through some of the old stuff and I was looking at the old Keizers and I noticed about half of them had cracks starting between the bolt holes and spreading outward. While the wheels were used for racing they really didn't see that many hours. There were outher roundness problems with the wheels out of the box. Ie they weren't all that round and rubbed on the suspension members. Anyway the quality was suspect on thoes when we where purchasing them, I don't know if they changed but I would not recomend them from what I know.

The Kodiaks are high quality light wheels. The changed the manufactuing process on the spun shells two years ago and made them substantialy stronger. Since then we have had no problems with them.

• 4 months later...