HybridZ

'78 Black Pearl Edition - Value?

Wagz

I've been considering picking up another Z to turn into a semi-daily driver. I'm planning on keeping this one fairly close to original and not doing another V8 swap.

I've run across a guy in town who has a '78 Black Pearl Edition. The owner claims that has not been modified in any way. It needs to be repainted and freshened, but it's in decent, drivable shape. I'm going to look at it on Saturday.

My question is: Is the Black Pearl Edition any more desireable or valuable than a comparible '78 280Z in the same condition? I tend to think it's not worth any more than any other 280Z, but I don't know how rare the Black Pearls are. Anyone have any knowledge/experience with them? If I buy it and paint it, are replacement Black Pearl graphics available anywhere?

zhome.com says there were only 750-1500 made, exact number unknown. They are more desirable to me, anyway, obviously there is no universal rule on what each person will say.

There is an email address on the black pearl page on zhome - that guy can tell you where to get the stripe reproduction kits.

that black pearl and yellow G nose have been on eBay for probally a year and a half, i dont know what he is lookin to get or what has happened, the black one has met the reserve before i think but that yellow one never has. He said he is selling both to restore a very low VIN 240