HybridZ

Miata Seats

Miles

Guest rick458

My buddy has a 97 Miata he bought for his daughter, I find the seats a bit tight in the shoulders compared to the stock seats.

But I am a big boy at 6'2" 250lbs

I went to the junkyard and got a nice set of Miata seats. They cost me $200. They are black. I put them on Datsun sliders, but I just don't like them. I am found a set of original Z seats I like better. The two advantages of the Miata seat are that they sit lower making more headroom for taller people and they have more padding on the sides like racing seats. The thing I don't like is that the seats feel hard where the bottom must be flattened to accomodate the Datsun Sliders. I would part with my set which are ready to bolt in.

I have 94 Miata seats and love them.

I searched all over for instructions on how to mount them in the Z. It seems most people end up modifying the seat bottom to accept Z tracks, but I didn't see a need for this.

I cut the Miata tracks on each side down to the the flat portion, then installed a metric stud at the correct lengthwise distance to match the dimensions of the Z track.

When the seats were ready to install, I had to "oval-out" the stock mounting holes ~1/8" in the Z to accomodate the extra width between the tracks.

• 2 months later...
Guest bill.oakes

Hi all,

I'm going with the Miata seats in my 240z, I have the rails for the passenger side but need them for the driver's side - anyone have a pair to sell?

thanks

Bill Oakes

Libertyville, IL