HybridZ

Texas guys, why...

HarrisonTX

Guys, i have been searching, and searching, and havnt come up with jack

All im askin for is a 240, 260, or 280 with a GOOD body, and decent interior, i care nothing about the drivetrain, or wheels, or anything like that, and lookin to spend around $1,500, and i havnt found crap in the area, can anyone freakin help me out? someones gotta have a lead for me

I live in fort hood on the weekdays (army man) and fort worth on the weekends (family man)

Guest 73Turbo240z

welcome to the club, we've been looking for a good shell for months...

best i've come up w/ was ones w/ front end damage and flakey sellers, and cars w/ rust in the bodywork that we don't feel like dealing w/....

IM in fort hood during the week, and dont have wheels now, im rebuildin the motor in my '69 chevy truck as we speak.

My shop is 2 blocks from jerry;s place, and All of his cars are covered in rust.

Theres a very light yellow one that he wont sell me, says its a

"customers" been there 8 monthes, that ones rust free...

the z car club dosnt have any for sale in my range.

Also, the cowtown z car club, the classifieds, theres nothing in them, its empty no luck there.

my number is 817.798.8908

Pass it you if you will, im serious about that

Im lookin to get a 240, 260, or 280.

I dont care about the driveline, and the interior, needs to be there, and as little rust as possible, and im pretty tight on $$ something around 1,500

Guest 73Turbo240z

well just a heads up, i know of one here in houston, 260 i believe, small rust on the rear quarter arches, nothing that a set of MSA flares + removal of that affected metal wouldn't cure, a section of the rocker panels would need to be replaced, i think thats all i was told was wrong aside from the occasional spot of surface rust, i was told the frail rails are good, not rusted, etc..

cars in houston and the guy was willing to offload it no trans/motor just a shell, for like $200

Unfortunately that's the way it is. Unless you're in SoCal... and then you have to put up with wackos! ;) I'll keep my eye out for ya though. You'll probably be better off watching the newspapers/greensheets etc as those who know what they have will advertise on the big sites and want the big bucks.

If you're talking about that purple Z in Houston, I've talked to the guy over the phone and he said that the rear 1/4's have been eaten up fairly well, which he recommended fiberglass flares, and he told me that the floorboards would also need to be replaced, because they were pretty shot. I believe, also, the battery tray, if I'm not mistaken.

On a side note, I know of a black 240 a few miles away from here -- I used to work with the owner. I was going to buy it from him, because it's been in a barn for the past decade or so, and will probably live the rest of its life there, but he was asking too much for it. From what I remember, he wanted about $1000 for the car, but the engine didn't run (it has a holley carb conversion) and it would also need new floorboards and some other work done to the battery tray.

I have a 2+2 for sale, but I highly doubt you'd be interested -- I don't even want it. I can't STAND the way they look. WTF was Nissan thinking? :malebitch

Anyways, good luck with it.

Guest tony78_280z
I have a 2+2 for sale, but I highly doubt you'd be interested -- I don't even want it. I can't STAND the way they look. WTF was Nissan thinking?
AHEM!!! :twak: I love my 2+2. I lay down the back seat most of the time, but when the kids wanna go for a ride in my car I got room. (When they graduate from car seats that is!) Granted their back side isn't as tight as a coupe, and the rear half is hard to get body parts for. I think it's the perfect car for a v8 swap.

Guest 73Turbo240z

actually, shoot me an e-mail GuyStrtRcr18@hotmail.com, details, yearmodel, pictures, etc... if it's a shell, a whole car, whatever, i'm willing to hear it out...

were looking for a shell not for asthetics, but the weight savings...

If you're talking about that purple Z in Houston' date=' I've talked to the guy over the phone and he said that the rear 1/4's have been eaten up fairly well, which he recommended fiberglass flares, and he told me that the floorboards would also need to be replaced, because they were pretty shot. I believe, also, the battery tray, if I'm not mistaken.

On a side note, I know of a black 240 a few miles away from here -- I used to work with the owner. I was going to buy it from him, because it's been in a barn for the past decade or so, and will probably live the rest of its life there, but he was asking too much for it. From what I remember, he wanted about $1000 for the car, but the engine didn't run (it has a holley carb conversion) and it would also need new floorboards and some other work done to the battery tray.

I have a 2+2 for sale, but I highly doubt you'd be interested -- I don't even want it. I can't STAND the way they look. WTF was Nissan thinking? :malebitch

Anyways, good luck with it.[/quote']

Guest ON3GO
actually' date=' shoot me an e-mail [email']GuyStrtRcr18@hotmail.com[/email], details, yearmodel, pictures, etc... if it's a shell, a whole car, whatever, i'm willing to hear it out...

were looking for a shell not for asthetics, but the weight savings...

then you dont want a 2+2

Guest tony78_280z

Found this quote some time ago on this site. I copied and pasted it to my misc. infor text document

From what I can find the 75 2+2 weighed in at 3005 and the 77 2+2 was 2990
I dunno what the stock weight of a non 2+2, so what is the difference?

Guest 73Turbo240z
then you dont want a 2+2

when our source vehicle weighed 3600lbs dry, and close to 4000lbs wet... a 3000lb Z is like a dream.

besides, were hard up to find a damn shell, been looking for months now and nothings panned out, and a 2+2 should be longer, resulting in a longer wheel base for a more stable drag car.

I wasn't trying to offend you Tony -- interior wise, they're great. 1/4 windows that pop out and function as a vent, rear seat, more capacity, and even an extra door handle for those in the back seat. But, exterior wise, IMO, they just don't look proportional.

I figured that there's no harm in me "dissin'" a 2+2 since I own one...kinda like saying the "n" word around a black dude -- if you're black, it's all cool, but if you're not, you better be prepared, foo. :-)