HybridZ

Where to get cheap restrictor, SS oil supply- and return line?

pjo046

Does anyone have a recomendation for a internet store with good prices on these things? And they do also have to be shipping abroad! :-)

I am looking for a -3AN supply line and restrictor and fittings, and a -10AN return line and fittings.

Or should I just use the stock 280ZXT return tube/hose? Will this work satisfactorily?

Is it cheap with 70$ for 5 feet of -3AN Stainless steel oil line, two 45 degree 1/8" NPT to -3 AN fittings and a 1/8" NPT restrictor?

Also, will 5 feet be enough from the oil sending unit to the turbo and is the hole in the oil sending unit 1/8" NPT????

cheap restrictor?

In the bad old days of rubber hoses, you would use Rochester Jets. Nice calibrated orifice.

Later, we would braze the hole shut on a Steel A/N fitting, then bore a calibrated hole in it using your now usless jet-drill set (or any number of number/letter drills available from Harbor Freight)

On Aluminum Fittings, if you tap the inside of the end, and screw in a internally hex headed plug, you can drill that also for your orifice.

This way, you can always change it by unscrewing it and putting another in there later on...

You will be amazed at how small brass and stainless steel internally wrenched hex-head screws are available (if you have a decent hardware store nearby!)

I did it the way Tony D described. Welded up the bottom of my fitting and drilled it - tah dah instant restrictor, which I welded into the stock sender. I ran all -3 braided line that I bought from Earls. I have posted these pics many, many times, but here goes again:

62194120.jpg

62190406.jpg

Hope that helps - Yasin