HybridZ

This R Tyre Wear Pattern Tells Us ????

mypic41.JPG

This is the LF tyre after some laps around a clockwise circuit, so it is the outside front tyre in most corners, the outer edge of the tyre is at the top of the pic.

The LR tyre has a similar wear pattern but less, the two right side tyres are worn much less and fairly level.

I have my own ideas as to why the wear is so but the more informed opinions the better :)

Richard,

Are you getting tyre temps.across the tyre after a lap? I think the inflation and camber issuies are relavent but the grain patern on the ouside edge is probable a clue to the answer. Not that I know It. How do these compare to other tyres you have used? Another thing to think about is that if you have improved the tyre resently then the rest of the set up might not work with them.

Douglas

Looks like a little too much air to me, maybe drop it a # or two. The outside rib looks good, the next one is worn a little too much. How close to the triangle on the sidewall are you? What is the cold/hot pressure? Overall that tire looks pretty good, better than mine.

John

My vote is air pressure. Need to know what pressures you are running to make any recomendations. Is this on a Z? My kumhos wear like that when I run the pressure a little low. I added a couple of pounds, now wear is more even.

Mark

Too much air pressure hot. Although its hard to see there doesn't appear to be enough scuff on the outside of the tire. The V700s need to scuff to the top of the treadwear triangles on the outside edge of the tread. Try starting at 26 psi cold.

Either that or you're driving like a little girl... :-D

What are the tire temps?

Thanks all, and John, I drive like a big girl, not a little one :mrgreen:

Buggarising around too much on the day to check tyres but started with 28psi cold and it was a barely warm cloudy day with little heat in the track surface. We reckon the pressure was too high and it needs toe out or some Ackermann as well. Caster and camber both at 3.5 seem OK.

Yeh, the tyre was not working over to the telltale triangles on the edge which seems a fair indicator with these Victoracer tyres, first time I've tried them. Anyway if I think of it will post a pic after the next run to see any differences.