HybridZ

GM Finally introduces an OHC vtec powered corvette

auxilary

of course, i'm not a cigar chomping, gold chain leather jacket wearing, vette owner that has never held a wrench ...

but i have owned 4 vettes ... still have my 1st one ( 58 )

i thought that was hilarious ...

i forwarded it to my neighbor, he's owned 8 vettes ( currently has a 2004 convertible in his garage ). he will, i am sure be rolling on the floor laughing his axx off. oh, his dream car, that he will never buy .. a 440 68 GTX.

Well there are good and bad examples of "Car Owners" in all the sports car crowds... And the mooks who wear gold chains and open shirts are there in the Vette Crowd... I've completely QUIT posting on any of the Vette BBs except in the forsale sections or in the roadrace/ autoX sections of those boards. They don't run those boards the way we do, and it isn't worth the grief from some jerk to post pertinent info...

The vette guys who are regulars at the track day events are another story all together. Very fun, cool guys, for the most part.

Mike

Mike, i reread my post ... it makes it sound as if i took humbreg with your statement about those vette owners passing urine in there oatmeal, should they see that highly desirable customized ( what is that thing based on anyway ??? ). none at all ...

i agree with you 100% ... the real car guys would find it funny as all get out ...

the cigar chompers ( the kids today call em posers ) would have a melt down.

when the big money and new vettes started showing up at club meetings and events, i quit the clubs and the events ...

with all the new cars there, the events looked like used car lots ...

the technical discussions, instead of being on how to's on mechanical items, such as rebuilding the front end on a 65 vette or replacing the window regulator in a 62 vette, instead became ... how to reset the clock for 2 time zones in your 88 vette or where to get designer sunglasses and sweater vest with the vette and matching harley davidson logos on em. total B.S.

as you suggested, not everyone that enjoys the vette is a " look at me, i own a vette" idiot ... sometimes it just seems that way ...

thanks for your comments, and again ... my ego wasn't bruised at all ...

my message was meant to be in agreement with your post, regarding sending it on to the cigar chompers, which i am sure my neighbor is going to do LOL ...