HybridZ

My Fab'd Inlet Plenum is finished!

VERY NICE. I'd be happy with that too and I'm notoriously picky when it comes to intake manifolds. ;) Nice transition from TB to #1 area, nice plenum volume, great transition from plenum to runner, good runner length, nice plenum shape.. and nice welds too!

A good example of the proper way to make an intake manifold.

Guest JAMIE T

Corky Bell's book, Maximum Boost has a section on intake manifold design, and it gives an equation for optimum plenum volume for a turbo engine.

Nice intake BTW. Is that the one the guy sells on ebay? The TB looks like that one. If you built it yourself, it looks great. Be proud.

I love that orange Z in your album. My car is going to alot like it. Only my orange is pearl metallic.

Hey guys thanks for the nice comments on the plenum, No i did not build this myself. It was built by Rob Ward at R.I.P.S (Rotorua Import Pro Shop) here in New Zealand, he is a specilist in building RB30DET engines and does a lot of work/fabrication for all the skyline guys in NZ & Australia. Rob has a RB30DET powered Drag car running 800hp on standard internals!!!! He is the Man. He builds very nice turbo headers as well.

Guest 30DET

Yes I have heard alot of good things about the RIPS manifolds, not one complaint about a cylinder running leaner than another.

Some more pics for ya:

bell20rb20det20plenim20kit20003.jpg

BellRB20detplenimkit002.jpg

How much was urs? I've been quoted $1200 AUS

I can spot a few minor differences between the yours and the pics above, RIPS might have made some minor changes to the manifolds.

Hey Guys this manifold was for a R33 RB25DE head.

As per your question of making an order for one, contact Rob Ward [rips@inspire.net.nz]

He can make one to your spec. He also has a very fast turn around!

If you order one mention that the 240z guy from wellington put you on to him. :-)

Guest R.I.P.S NZ

Hi,

Thanks for the good comments about our plenims guys.

I'm new here but it sure looks like a great forum.

The pix you have seen a just a few of the various models we do.

Anything that you can't buy off the shelf, we can custom make for you to an extreemly high standard, no mass produced crap comes out of R.I.P.S.

Rob

Hi' date='

Thanks for the good comments about our plenims guys.

I'm new here but it sure looks like a great forum.

The pix you have seen a just a few of the various models we do.

Anything that you can't buy off the shelf, we can custom make for you to an extreemly high standard, no mass produced crap comes out of R.I.P.S.

Rob[/quote']

Thanks for joining our Z car group Rob. It'll be a great addition to our forum to have another expert in the RB field school us on the do's and don't's of the RB.

Most of us will only be picking your brain for the motor stuff, as you know, we are Skyline dry here in the states (except the few that can pay the underworld to get them one).

Anyhoo, can't wait to see the discussions that will go on here now...

Again, welcome... :cheers:

Guest JAMIE T

Wow, Great to have another expert RB builder here. Like Joel said, we'll be picking your brain for sure. I'm rather new to the RB engines, but have learned so much in the last few months hear and elsewhere. CHeck out my thread on the ported head. Critic?

If the plenums are an indicator of the quality of craftsmanship coming from your shop, then you guys do damn nice work.

Guest 30DET
Hey 30DET' date='

is that your plenum? or have you just priced one at this stage?[/quote']

No it isnt.

The one in the pic I think is for an RB20, when I buy one it will be for a 25 head.