HybridZ

Coilovers for the 280ZX?

I am looking for coilovers for my 81 ZXT....Unfortunatly I have not really found much of anything.

I searched this site, and found more info than I could ever suck in on coilovers...for the S30, but no info for the S130.

My Z's 24 year old suspension is really really showing its age. its to the point where driving on the freeway can suck, and I need it changed ASAP!

Thanks

- Tyson

It is all custom work.

There are few people who have done it, one being slownrusty.

His ZX sits very low and mean with his custom coilovers, he has a website with pics about them.

If you've got the cash go for it, if not, why not get Tokico springs and shocks? 1" drop too.

Mario

Guest DoTheDrew888

Why coilovers? Just get some Tokico struts and either use the stock springs or get your favorite brand of lowering spring. I have Tokico HP struts and springs and I love them.

Why coilovers?

I like to Rally Cross my Z, and often times the fields that we use are very bumpy, so I'd like to raise my ride height a little bit. But I dont want to be driving around town like I have a lift kit in the thing ;)

Mario, I'd say it was about two years since I got the set-up. At the time he had the set-up for my car. With Tokico Illuminas all around. But it was running out, I guess not much interest for them. I would contact Ross through his website to see what he can do for you. Thanks for the kind words on my car.

Chris

I like to Rally Cross my Z, and often times the fields that we use are very bumpy, so I'd like to raise my ride height a little bit. But I dont want to be driving around town like I have a lift kit in the thing ;)

Just ad some Packer mudflaps ;), anyhow why not use that beater you could by ( my lead) and use that for muddin ( built a rally car)

You can use some Tein units and adapt them $$ though

Frank - In those pics with the stock Iron Cross 15s, I had the car sitting way too low, and hence the -ve camber, since then I raised the car up quite a bit where it is much more pratical and it took away much of that -ve camber. So no I do not have camber plates. I have them for the front, but have yet to install them!

Technotoytuning make excellent products!! I have them on my ZX and my old turbo Corolla.

Yasin

• 3 weeks later...

SlowNrusty, can you post pics of the job Techno Toy Tuning did for you on your suspension. (pics of suspension)

I can across this link on there site http://www.technotoytuning.com/t3_site_pages/products/index.html

the only thing that I am wondering is are those prices for both sides, and fo they need cores? Otherwise this could be a real winner, not to mention extremely affordable assuming those pirces are for both sides, that is complete coilovers for $1325, a steal by all means, plus that fact that they offer any spring rate is outstanding.

• 1 year later...