HybridZ

Pic of car that tilted my dynojet shop@1200hp

COZY Z COLE

So what happens when you max out a dyno?

Mario

When that happens no more data is plotted and a warning light comes on , Dynojet has a safety feature that automatically starts to apply limited braking to the drum and the dyno operator has the driver throttle off and go into nuetral. The shop is upgrading to a 1500 rwhp and a 4 channel set-up that will allow the plottting of boost for tuning purposes and a couple other engine sensor readings. This will be great for turbo and blower set-ups.....

A few more things about the car and this is from memory... 413 cu.in. SBC/TT 66 NOVA. It has an air compression controlled manual tranny with a torque converter. The intercooler is where the passenger seat would be. The distributor is gear-driven front mounted to the cam. It was at 17 psi boost for this run but they tuned it for 35psi boost on other runs but the dyno wasn't ready for wot at that level....:mrgreen:

LARRY

Holy crap!

What if the warning light comes on but they keep going? (I'm curious :D )

Mario

:confused: Damn, I'm just a "stooge" who hangs out there once and awhile. You need to ask a dynojet expert that.......

"Must've been a lot of $$$, what 1/4 times are they aiming for?"

My guess is 5-6+ secs. in the 1/4 mile at 35psi boost........

Their biggest problem now is car lift and maintaining control down the strip....

LARRY

somehow that tiny little wheelchalk does not induce much confidence when 1200+ horses are unleashed. When I was in autoshop the car jumped off when shifting a manual from 1st to 2nd and nearly pulled the chains out of the ground and it was only a 500hp 400cid camero. The dyno wasn't used for the rest of the year. :icon11:

Just looks funny that's all.

LOL, You must realize that a picture is only a point -in- time look and that was shot after the dyno runs were completed and all of the tie down straps and wheelchalks were pulled except one. If you've ever been to a dyno shop that is....:wink:

I just reread your post and if someone was pulling wot thru the gears and trying to gather data that dyno and the operator should have been shut down.....

LARRY