HybridZ

Oh my!! Leave it to the Japanese!!!!

shauno

lol this is what my friend had to say about this:

maybe they're making fun of rice by being super fantastical rice.

so while we laugh at them... it is actually they, who laugh at us.

they're still mad at us because we said they're not allowed to have an army.

so they keep all the good electronics and cars for themselves.

and find ways to ridicule us without us knowing about it.

with that being said, those f***ers are weird sometimes.

LOL

Interesting...different culture, different ideas. Not all styles for all people. Before throwing your 2 cents into the ring, look at your ride, and all the custom ideas that you put into yours. Then judge! I'm not saying they are all tasteful, just not what we as Westerns are familiar with. If you look at some of the new car designs released this year, you'll see some similarities. If you are privy to a look at current car designs slated for the 10 year future mark, you would be surprised. So, before you call something ugly, think twice. Yours might not be as appealing to others as you may think it is! Your car is an extension of you. Rich, poor or indifferent...you build what you can, however you can and try and think out of the box. Be nice!

Careful ZHeadV8, you have injected a bit of constructive thought into this culture twigging thread.

That said, I agree with you. I seem to recall riding in some sort of mid engined Ford product with a similarly configured deck/rear window. Iirc, the biggest complaint was lack of rear visibility. One doesn't just have blind spots, it is more like blind quarters. (I'd make that window as large as feasible, and use good side mirrors... I like the flying buttress look, just not the large motor cop hidey holes).

It just came back- Mercury's car was the DeTomaso Pantera... Take a look:

http://www.panteraplace.com/Pantera%20Pics/bad%20back.jpg

Oops, Two40MuscleZ, your post wasn't up when I began looking for that old memory. Valid point to you.

the s30 front end s13 is actually a kit, bumper, hood, conversion fenders etc. that used to be sold in japan. that style of cars is modelled after racing trends of the 70s and 80s silhouette cars, and then exaderated. i dont see why this style is seen as so bizarre and noone says anything about US style choppers.

Guest 81na ZX
That said, I agree with you. I seem to recall riding in some sort of mid engined Ford product with a similarly configured deck/rear window. Iirc, the biggest complaint was lack of rear visibility. One doesn't just have blind spots, it is more like blind quarters. (I'd make that window as large as feasible, and use good side mirrors... I like the flying buttress look, just not the large motor cop hidey holes).

Lotus1.jpg

The problem isn't just the buttresses, but the fact that the rear window is also only ~3" tall

Europas are cute little cars (He says, totally stealing a dying thread).

Your picture prompts a couple questions...

How is it on longish trips; (Z-like, more/less comfortable)?

Have you any driving or autocrossing tales to tell?

And to stay on topic, what color is it?

All those cars in the original link are Bosozoku cars, as someone mentioned above.

Those guys are retards. In every way, they do stupid things. It's no suprise that they would make the most outlandishly ridiculous looking cars in the world.

They also drive around and rev their throttle wah wah wah wha whahahwhwah wha wah wah wah

It's mostly motorcycles, but the cars are like a side-following.

I have zero respect for those guys, as most of anyone whose ever seen them would.