I have searched the different forums for radiator hose numbers

and came up with a upper hose thats perfect. Its the lower hose

that I can't come up with. None of the numbers I have found fit

correctly.

I have a 71 240Z with a 350 in the JTR set back position, the

radiator is a new 3 row from a 75 280Z. Does anyone have a

setup similar to this? and if you do what lower hose are you

using?

These are the lower hoses I have looked at that won't work.

Dayco #C71217

Gates #20608 the same as Dayco #C71217

Napa #7856 the same as Dayco #C71217

Dayco #C71057

Napa #7579

Napa #8948

I went into the local autoparts shop and told the guy behind the counter if he would have a problem letting me hunt down the hose for myself, from whatever he had in-stock.

After telling his manager what I was building and that it wasen't simply a matter of "what year and make model vehicle is it?" He said "ok" and lead me back to the hose-rack LOL.

Celing to floor, and end to end hundreds of hoses. "Good luck" he says, "we close in 3 hrs." 25min. later "Eurika!" Looks like I found one.

Got home and close enough, It worked.

Try asking them folks at the parts store if you can look for your self and, Happy hunting.

Yup....I've been to 3 parts stores for a radiator hose for the truck conversion, and each one of them had no problem with me snooping around the back room.....just take a deep breath and have lots of patience, like Dave says. It helps if you can cut up some old ones and tape them together into the correct shape to give you something to go by in the store....

I read or saw this somewhere. Take a coat hanger and bend it to the shape and length that you will need and then do as the others said. Go to the local parts store and go hunting.

By the way I have never been told “no†by a clerk at a parts store when it comes to doing things like this. Good luck.

A friend of mine gave me the part numbers he used in his conversion. He has the Camaro radiator and the 350 CSB in the JTR position. Both hoses are to long and need to be trimmed.

Upper hose ECR21183 = NAPA NBH7893

Lower hose ECR20981 = NAPA NBH7716

Maybe something worth checking in to….I have the JTR setup but a Griffin radiator and the upper one fitted well, and the lower on was very close but I finally had to go for a universal one…

• 1 year later...

I know, don't tell me - this is an old thread. :D

I was just searching and found this thread and wanted to add my data to it.

I had the JTR radiator, JTR SBC position and ran the following hoses:

Top Hose: Dayco 70651cs - This hose is very long and had close to a foot of extra length I didn't need. I used a 1-1/2" ID to 1-1/4" ID Hose adapter to connect it to the radiator, NAPA PN 900 "Hose Adapter"

Bottom Hose: Dayco 71217 - Perfect fit with my custom low mounted alternator. Looks OE.

Heater Hoses: Dayco 80407 - This is a long straight hose with a 90 degree bend at one end. I used one for each hose, with the 90 degree bend at the heater box/valve. Plenty of length to reach the front of the engine.

Reference: http://alteredz.com/cooling.htm