HybridZ

2006 Eclipse is out......

Z-TARD

I agree. Disgusting on so many levels.... First, it's ugly. I wish the "Padunka-dunk Butt" fad would end so we can finally see some decent looking new cars come out. Second, it looks like a 99 Couger with a riced out body kit. I can't believe that Ford doesn't have a lawsuit started yet. Third, it's still a front wheel drive. I hate front wheel drive..... Fourth, Someone actually got paid a large sum of money to "design" this. I could have done the same job for half the cost, using only some tracing paper and a 99 mercury sales brochure. Fifth, I'm actually ranting about this thing almost as much as I was when the Aztek came out. I hate it when I'm forced to rant... Ok, end rant.

Mike

Guest goldraven

I think it looks pretty good. Too bad they didn't keep that electric engine in it as the concept had. It would have been quite a head turner with 400hp, 200 coming in electric form. I think with some bigger tires and rims it will look amazing. although, what car doesn't look better with nicer rims/tires?

Nick

HA!

that car has terrible proportional balance...who designs these things?

its a little bit neon in the front end, a whole lot of couger, a bit SVX a tiny bit of TT, and a whole lot of nasty. damn thats a ghetto bootie if i ever saw one.....I guess its still a chicks car.

Guest bastaad525

yeah but it looks better than the last eclipse, IMO, and while the big butt thing IS a big trend right now it's also a carryover from the second gen eclipse so it's as much an eclipse thing as it is a trendy thing.

I guess I'm in the extreme minority when I say that I actually do kinda like the way the car looks, like I said, at least it's a HUGE improvement over the last eclipse which IMO does not look sporty AT ALL. It's a step a little closer to the 2G eclipse which I love the looks of.

Does look a lot like the cougar though.

And the Lexus SC430 was out before the 350z, IMO the 350z stole it's looks from the Lexus and the Audi TT.

Guest Helmach

The car is nice from some angles and offensive from others. Not the best design, but it is a step in the right direction compared to the 3G Eclipse. However, the car lost its identity when they took away the hood hump. Until they bring it back it will never be an Eclipse.