HybridZ

Leather cleaning products

Tim240z

Anyone have any good recommendations on which products work best for cleaning grime and grease marks out of light tan colored leather. The leather seats that I put in the Truck are in need of a good cleaning, otherwise they are in great shape. Never had leather to clean before and I suspect there are hundreds of products out there in the parts stores, some likely work better than others......

Tim, I won't recommend anything to clean it with, although I would try Griots Garage or even a MBZ or BMW dealership if you are talking about fine leather. To condition the leather, Connolly Hide Food (at least that is what I think it used to called) was EXCELLENT at restoring (yes!) old, dry leather. Good luck.

Davy

Thanks Davy. Well....the seats came out of a GM vehicle, so I doubt they are 'fine' leather....probably from some 10 year old burro from south of the border, but they look nice.

Well....I figured I can't go wrong with McGuires products so I bought a bottle of "Gold Class Rich leather cleaner/conditioner".....I will see how it works later.

Tim

Anyone have any good recommendations on which products work best for cleaning grime and grease marks out of light tan colored leather. The leather seats that I put in the Truck are in need of a good cleaning, otherwise they are in great shape. Never had leather to clean before and I suspect there are hundreds of products out there in the parts stores, some likely work better than others......

I believe most high grade leather suppliers will recommend mild soap and water....then let it air dry. After it drys, work the leather with CLEAN hands to soften it back up. It works well on my leather furniture anyway! Just another idea.