HybridZ

MY toyota 4 piston calipers restored!

I finished cleaning up my toyota 4 piston s12w:

41.jpg

to......

2.jpg

talk about matching the color to the tokico springs!!!! 5 hours of decreaser whew then painting... (yes i know i could of put it threw a parts washer shhhh!)

now im just wondering what parts i need to rebuild... i ordered the piston seals, boot retainers, and caliper dust boots, plus anti rattle clips... what else might i need? i have a feeling i will need new ones of these seeing as they were bent.... look in pic below:

31.jpg

the things i highlighted pink are called???? caliper pins? i wasn't sure so i didn't order these... so any way i was jsut wodnering other than what i have ordered what should i order? (already ordered: piston seals, boot reatiners, dust boots, and anti rattle clips)

thanks!

Those are slider pins. They can be purchased at the local parts store. You ned two sets. If yours are straight just take a wire wheel to them. That is if the little holes are still clear. The picture is missing the springs that go into the pins. These springs may be the anti-rattle clips you are talking about. There is a tiny hole at the end of each pin that the springs go into. The springs look like a wire capital W.

Good Luck!!

Rufus

uh are the wires yout alkign about the two metal clips seperating the pads int he picture...? and are you sure im missing something, if so please send me a picture.... if my slider pins are straight enough to fit threw but not perfectly straight is that okay or they should be changed any way? thanks!

also on autozone.com i found a "CALIPER BOLT/PIN" but no slider pin are these the same thing?

ive been papering them... they are my babies... now onto the rears 240sx calipers but the problem is it seems damn hard to find a rear rebuild kit does anyone else have luck or is it okay to simply use them if the seals seem intact? also rebuilt ones cost like 65 a side :S plus 60 core :(

if the pistons move freely and they don't leak, a rebuild is not rquired. If you get them from a JY and they have been sitting you will most likely need to rebuild. I need som 240 sx rears as well and will probably just buy the rebuilts then bring back some other calipers i have laying around for my core charge. They never look...

im getting two 92' rear 240sx calipers one has a torn dust boot (i think thats what they are called.... the thing that keeps dust out of the piston....) so i think ill just buy a disc hardware kit from autozone for that and paint those red too. :) then we willbe autobahnstormen