Took some pics of my car today

auxilary

DSCF0138.JPG

DSCF0042.JPG

DSCF0150.JPG

DSCF0061.JPG

DSCF0062.JPG

DSCF0066.JPG

Pardon the quality, my camera is old, and it sucks for taking shots at dimming lighting :( I also wish I had my tripod with me - i could've set the exposure timing without wobbling the camera - pics would've been a LOT clearer.

I installed the airdam (thanks davyz!) as you can see, and I swapped out huge stock turn signals for.... lockhart phillips motorcycle flush markers (mine and my friend rob's idea). i think i did a pretty good job - you can see them being quite flush with the airdam, and the pair with bulbs and hardware cost me $20!

Guest Anonymous

It never fails and I always thought the surpise gift could be jealousy motivated on a subconscious level..great looking car dressed in a dark color.

Man, you were right: the turn signal lenses conform nicely to the curve in the airdam. You did a nice job and they look great---even when viewed from the front, they look 'factory' (like they were meant to be there). Yep, you were right in thinking your car does look better with an airdam; it looks great! smile.gif

Davy

Man that is one straight beautiful car! Congrats! 2thumbs.gif One question I noticed you live in the Bay Area, my old home town(Mountain View). Where did you take those pictures?

Mike

It's a 280z urethane airdam - the turn signals are mounted in the upper grille stock - so the airdam had the stock signal holes covered. I was originally thinking about cutting holes for stock signals, then figured one could do the first ricey modification to the car :D I also want to design a little brace to go behind the airdam so it will have benefits of both worlds - damage control/flexibility of urethane, and strength/functionality of a fiberglass airdam.

What's wrong with rice? I like it! :D ...as Tim240Z will take every chance he has to poke fun at me. :rolleyes:

It looks clean without the turn sigs in the same location as the earlier Zs. I want to cover my turn sig holes up or make brake ducts. Bright-ass fogs would be cool too but would probably get damaged right away.

Owen

Sweet! I like those motorcycle lights on the dam. I would somewhat second what zero says and would replace the rear markers with similar lights, then remove the original front fender markers all together. Just my opinion (you know what they say about those). Overall, a nice, cleanly executed, classy ride.

Wow I know exactly where that is. I used to live off Summit road right off hwy 17 on the way to Santa Cruz, maybe 5-8 miles west of the resevoir. Beautiful place. I miss it!

Mike

Thanks Donna! the road would've been very fun except for two small problems:

1. my tranny started overheating and whining like crazy 3/4 way up, so I pulled over and took pics while my friend and i waited for it to cool down.

2. the tires on the car are really not set for handling - they have no grip as I can chirp them going into 3rd, and this is on a stock motor with carbs running rich.

aaron: if you want to see varieties of markers they carry, check this url out

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/markerlights.html

available at most motorcycle stores and online.

flush1a.jpg

These are the ones (amber) that I used to have on my bike that I just sold.