HybridZ

Definition of Irony in the world

auxilary

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

David, answer to your question :: Until the rear leg gets heisted...I just cannot bring myself to call an adjustable wrench a doall. Doall was a brand name of machinist tools.

I think everybody is predudice to an extent, We as a people are just that way. I try to judge a person by his character and not his or her color or nationality. but I'm not perfect, I only wish I was!

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Well, I am implying that you painted it red so it would not get lost, stolen or misplaced / I know now your eye sight is failing. Hurry up and get those tailights in so i can copy your design.You should realize your slowing the progress on my Origin convertible kit.

Rick, hows that car running?

Well I am the most discriminated against person in the employment world. Preference is given to people of different races and gender than me. I am the easiest to fire. The EEOC won't talk to me, unless they are suing me. They say women make less money than me for doing the same job. (Doesn't seem like there would be very many takers for doing the same amount of work as I do for less money)

Also, just to let you know, racism means you think your race is superior to another. Biggoted would mean you don't like someone because of race, religion, sex, skin color, national origin, etc.

I heard a black guy on a talk show the other day that was evidently pretty successful. He was getting gas at a gas station, driving his new thunderbird, paid for it with a credit card with a substantial credit line, and notices two white guys drive up in a beat up 68 valiant and put 5 bucks worth of gas in it and said to himself " I supposed to get reparations from these guys?"

I did not get to chose who I ended up being, nor do I get to decide how long I get to be here. Why waste your time here whining and moaning about something you cannot change?

Serenity now!!! Serenity now!!!!!!! tongue.gif

your post reminds me of this time we let some of the neighborhood kids come swimming with the 15 year old who lives here. i jump in the pool too. after about 15 minutes my ears have heard enough of this cursing. F-this, F-that, A-word this, A-word that. I tell the kids no cursing in my pool. I tell them that when i was a kid, we didnt cuss. So much had changed in a few years. If we cursed, we got in sooo much trouble. I let him know only grown ups cuss. He asked me if i knew how old he was. I said, not old enough to be cursing the way you do. He says, and i quote, "fool, do you know how old i am?.......im 15?" bonk.gif:rolleyes:

there is no bed time for me. im 23. :D

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by Rick Bowers:

Can't we all just get along?

A Machinist I once met called an adjustable wrench a "fitall".

Well I have a red handled 'fitall' but it doesn't work on taking bolts off worth a damn... ;) I suppose it could be called a doall as well if a guy wasn't put off by the uglier girls... Sorry this just got to tempting to step in.

I'd rather not touch this subject, I think this is right up there about not discussing politics or religion in a public forum, it leaves far to much chance of being misconstrued because a person worded something badly or had a different definition or understanding of what they were trying to say. Treat others as you wish to be treated and try to do what is right by people is the only thing I try to do, I'm not infallable but I get it right more than wrong. Good luck with this discussion.

Regards,

Lone

The day when we're no longer able to speak freely in public is surely coming (already come?). Not looking forward to it myself. Why *shouldn't* politics/religion/whatever be freely discussed in public?

Anyway, I love all you guys, whatever color you are and no matter how stupid you are.

Hey, get that red-handled "fitall" away from me!

If you're a 'doall' AND a 'fitall' does that mean you're well-endowed? Never mind....

I don't understand the other problem. I take people one at a time on their own merits as individuals, and ask that others do the same with me. The favorite people in my life have come in all shapes,sizes,colors, and nationalities. I promise you no one ethnic group has a lock on the bigoted/prejudiced title.

'Jaw, I had the car running pretty well with James' tuning recommendations ( my turbo has some characteristics of a 'big' unit and tuning is a little more critical as concerns spoolup )- I was playing with it on the way back from Montgomery when it just stopped making boost. Turns out that the butthead who coated the turbine housing allowed an excessive buildup (over .012") in the exducer area and as the new turbo loosened up it would rub slightly and hang.

Turbo Specialties is re-machining the turbine housing and I should have the monster hybrid back soon.

I'm really anxious to finish the setup on the car. If it works as well as I hope and expect you can believe I'l be posting about it.

Guest Anonymous

Dan,

I'd never suggest a person couldn't discuss these sort of topics, just not always prudent IMHO, I've sat through some pretty long diatribes listening to people attempt to get they're foot back out of they're mouth after saying something stupid (been there done that myself here before). Its of course a right for freedom and I very much appreciate and respect a persons right to that. :D

I too love all the people here and through all my problems in the last years the people here at this site have been more kind than you can imagine with offers of help and prayers. Good folks and thats why I still hang out even if I don't always have much to contribute beside perhaps a occasionally bad joke or pun. :D

Anyway.... Thats what I meant by not getting into these sort of topics at least for me. (whew finally got my foot out of my mouth again.) and I can run pretty fast when something scarey is chasing me, hell two weeks ago a look in the mirror scared the crap out of me at the hospital. :D Regards guys.

cheers,

Don