HybridZ

Definition of Irony in the world

auxilary

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i got out of highschool. i got my second job at a major retail store. after a year of working there i took a position as cashier supervisor (ugh..what a joke that was.) so one day a woman comes in and starts returning all this major high$$ stuff...then at the end of the transaction...because its such a $$ amount...the computer ask for ID, then after the number is punched in it gives you cash or credit or whatever.

well...i ask for her ID and shes gives me this look....like i was being and ******* or something...so she starts bitching and whining about all kind of crap, huffing and puffing demanding to speak to the supervisor and what not. so the LOD (big boss man) comes up and ask whats wrong and she goes off of how:

"hes only asking me because im black"

i really felt like saying:

"your only saying that because im white!"

so anyway, i didnt say anything of course...i was young and quiet then...if it happened today it might be a different story...but all that doesnt really matter....then point of the matter was that racism is stupid in any sense of the word. but you cannot expect to get rid of it...by perpetuating it yourself*. (*a generic term, im not singling anybody, or thing or group out)

i have hundreds of friends...of every imaginable shape and size. ive dated girls of every shape colour and size. i dont think less of anybody for any reason. and yet...some people look at me and automaticaly assume that im "the white devil"

WHY?

F#ck if i know.

does it bother me?

NO...no body controls any facet of my life but me.

i think that everyone should just screw until we are all the same colour :D

anywho...

please dont flame me hail.gif

Originally posted by Sparky:

i think that everyone should just screw until we are all the same colour :D

Free love, dude! Although your wording might be curious, I think you've got the right idea.

Some folks are looking for the first convenient excuse as to why their lives suck. If they're poor, ethnic, stupid, whatever, they look around for someone else to blame their life on. Blacks blame whites, whites blame Jews, Jews blame Arabs, Arabs blame.....

Only when everyone in the world grows up and takes responsibility for their own actions will this kind of pointless bickering cease. And Satan will be shopping for mittens before that occurs.

Guest Anonymous

I think this thread should be left just as it is so I can see they ugly, ignorant, and intolerant side of those I thought I respected and whose posts I enjoyed reading. I think of this site as a group of friends who I share alot with. It's disappointing to see some of these responses but ya'll keep posting so we can all see what our "family" is made of. Mark

Guest Thurem

Yes, racism is an ugly thing.

Let's have somebody who has never been guilty of racism speak up.

My point being that even the people at this aforementioned conference were guilty of racism by exluding nonblacks.

I think that no matter how repulsive racism is, it is inevitable.

The only thing we can do, is to do our best not to treat anybody unfairly.

cuss.gifnono.gif

Oh, and "doall's" are standard by definition.

Thure

"let's address slavery and RACISM, and expell everyone who's NOT black"

Non-Blacks Expelled at Conference

Conference Against Racism Expels Non-Blacks, Says Too Traumatic to Discuss Slavery Before Whites

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados Oct. 2 — Delegates at an anti-racism conference voted Wednesday to expel non-blacks from the meeting, saying it was too traumatic to discuss slavery in front of them.

The dozen or so whites and a couple of Asians, mainly interpreters and members of non-governmental groups, left without protest.

The more than 200 delegates from several countries voted overwhelmingly for the restriction, with about 50 abstaining, officials said. The event was organized by various non-governmental organizations.

"This is an African family occasion and therefore they should not be allowed to sit down and talk with us," said Garadina Gamba, a spokeswoman for the British delegation.

Conference chairwoman Jewel Crawford of the United States said "There are a number of black people who have been traumatized by white people and they suffered psychologically and emotionally and, as a result of that trauma, some of them did not care to discuss their issues in front of them."

But Jean Violet Baptiste, spokeswoman for the Guyana-based African Cultural and Development Association, said organizers should have made clear that only blacks were welcome: "You can't have people come all this way and then ask them to leave."

A major issue at the meeting is a plan by black activists from the Caribbean and North America to sue France for making Haiti pay millions of dollars for recognition of its independence nearly two centuries ago.

Attorney General Mia Mottley of Barbados urged delegates to build upon last year's U.N. conference against racism in South Africa, which recognized slavery and the slave trade as a crime against humanity.

The meeting, titled African and African Descendants' World Conference Against Racism, was hosted by the government of Barbados. Organizers included the Congress Against Racism Barbados and the U.S.-based Congress of People of African Descent

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20021002_2410.html

Hasn't slavery been abolished for at least a century? Then how does this statement make any sence?

Conference chairwoman Jewel Crawford of the United States said "There are a number of black people who have been traumatized by white people and they suffered psychologically and emotionally and, as a result of that trauma, some of them did not care to discuss their issues in front of them."