HybridZ

Painted the center's of my wheels

blueovalz

So, how did you blast them without wrecking the finish on the "lip"? What kind of tape did you use?

I taped of the entire wheel except for the center (this is why the masking took the majority of the time spent to paint these) with 3m masking tape. Near the edge being blasted I only had a single layer of the tape, and it held up fine with my little ol' home blaster (old Craftsman 1 quart aluminum jar 70 psi thing). The tape may have not lasted with a different medium or a higher pressure blaster, but this set-up etched the wheels very well.

Here is a photo of the masking and base coat prior to the clear coat application.

standard.jpg

geezum-peas!! that looks fantastic. I like the way that the wheels no longer are the first thing your eyes see on the car, with the centers black, the eye now can focus on the entire car at once...im seeing little details that I have not really noticed before because of it! once again, thats one mean, seriously kick arse looking Datsun Terry....

zweetness