HybridZ

Tranny?

Well, im gaining info little by little on the RB swap, and i feel confident that i'm gonna start the swap mid-late summer this year. I talked with Jamie for a bit the other day, and he talked me out of going with the Powerglide, he suggested a TH350. I was wondering, i found the kit to mate the RB motor(not sure on RB25 or RB26 yet) to a TH350, wht would i use to bolt it into the car-could i use the JTR tranny mounts from the SBC swap? or wht?

Well, im gaining info little by little on the RB swap, and i feel confident that i'm gonna start the swap mid-late summer this year. I talked with Jamie for a bit the other day, and he talked me out of going with the Powerglide, he suggested a TH350. I was wondering, i found the kit to mate the RB motor(not sure on RB25 or RB26 yet) to a TH350, wht would i use to bolt it into the car-could i use the JTR tranny mounts from the SBC swap? or wht?

Let me get this right, you are swaping an RB into an early zed? Right.

If so why dont you just use the 5 speed tranny from the R33 RB25DET GTS-T like most the other guys here including myself. These trans are known to support 500kw

Let me get this right' date=' you are swaping an RB into an early zed? Right.

If so why dont you just use the 5 speed tranny from the R33 RB25DET GTS-T like most the other guys here including myself. These trans are known to support 500kw[/quote']

Arrrh, sorry you want to run an auto.

500kw on the street,,,, not too sure they would hold that on a prepped track.

I think your asking about the tranny mount that comes in the JTR kit??? if it comes with one and you use it to mount a TH350 then mount the rb26/25/20 (all teh same adapter) to teh tranny you would more then likely need custom mounts for the motor.

As for the glide. the only reason im running one is to maximize the hp output to the rear wheels. Its light, requires less power to turn ect ect. But in my application with a 5000+ stall driving on teh street will require a huge tranny cooler to keep temps down.

Guest JAMIE T

he's installing in a 280ZX that is an automatic. The Th350 can be built to withstand serious abuse. Transbrakes are available and the internals are lighter than a TH400. Also, the 280ZX is too heavy for a 'glide. It needs the 3-speed. It will have no overdrive though. If you need OD, you should get a Grand National trans(TH200R4) or a TH700R4. Trans brakes are available for the GN tranny.

another thought, would the 200ZR tranny mounts-mount an automatic Skyline tranny to the 280ZX transmission. I found a RB25DET and GTS-T automatic tranny for 2,000. Would the mounts work, or wht would b involved in bolting up the Auto Skyline tranny to the 280ZX frame?

Guest JAMIE T

It was fine for a drag car. I personally prefer to row my own on the street. I had a super comp with trans brake and a 4800 converter, with anti ballooning plates. FWIW, PA has tech support at Fun Ford Weekend's. They will actually rebuild a transmission on site for $200. Talk about tech support!

I've been searching around a bit, but haven't found too much, wht is the process of mounting the GTS Automatic-Tranny to the 280ZX Tranny Crossmember?

Would i get the stock mounts from the 280ZX and the Skyline, and make my use those to design my own mount?

How bout the ears? Would i mount the engine and tranny, then jack up the transmission till its at the right degree and then weld the ears in like that?

Is all this ranting useless?

Thanks in advance.