HybridZ

I am about to put my suspension together and I need to buy some cheap wheels / tires until I can afford the ones I want. Just so I can get the car off the rott and on the ground.

Question; since 300zx front hubs are 5 x 4.5 what JY vehicles would I be able to scavange wheels from? Any chevy? For some reason this issue confuses me. chevy vs. ford bolt pattern? ford is 5 x 4.5 as well correct? So what is the difference?

If this has been gone over a zillion times (as I am sure it has) a link to a thread would be appreciated. The searching I have done thus far does not help me understand the difference.

Thanks!

Rufus

OK I finally have it figured out....I'm a moron.....:twak:

300zx 5 x 4.5 and my re-drilled stubs are the same.

Fits Nissan, Toyota, Mustang...

What eles?

peej,

I am looking to get some very cheap cheaper than the shipping for yours. It is appreciated though. I may have something in my mini JY behind my shop!!!

Guest ON3GO

FD rx7 wheels are great and most ppl on rx7 forums sells them cheap.. plus ive seen alot of junk yards carry them.

there 16x8 and look really good.

mike

I'm not worried about looks at all. In fact I don't even care if they match, they will only be used in the shop. I have made some dimension-ally exact templates of the size wheel / tire combo I will be using. I will use those to set the actual ride height so I can finish the fender lips.

Guest Battle Pope

300ZX, Supra, FD RX-7, Honda S2000 (I think), Infiniti Q45, J30, Lexus SC, LS, GS series...

I could go on. Just look for "5x114.3" on ebay and you'll come up with a list real quick.

300ZX' date=' Supra, FD RX-7, Honda S2000 (I think), Infiniti Q45, J30, Lexus SC, LS, GS series...

I could go on. Just look for "5x114.3" on ebay and you'll come up with a list real quick.[/quote']

Ah ha... metrics...good point!!! Thanks!!

I just found these...not cheap but cheaper than what I am planning on spending on CCW's

http://www.afswheels.com/v2/ecommerce/shopexd.asp?id=128&cat1=wheels&id1=77

just found these...not cheap but cheaper than what I am planning on spending on CCW's

:twisted:

rearwheel5wl.jpg

[using the Force] You want the CCW's[/using the Force]

They ARE pricey, but hey...I'm just so excited I have to show them off (even though CCW's have been seen here 1000 times)!

:twisted:

[using the Force] You want the CCW's[/using the Force]

LMAO!!!

Those are the exat wheels I am planning on getting. I was quoted 2' date='200 for the set. What finish did you get on yours?

And to be clear I want a [b']very [/b]cheap set (not $500) for jsut shop use. So I can get the car on the ground.

'Shot peened and anodized' is the finish I requested. I love them... ALOT! Lol

I think the junkyard is your best bet. That's where the 2 I have came from. My grandfather used them when he built his Model A and now I have inherited them (why couldn't I get the car, eh?). He paid $10 for both. We'll be out next weekend looking for 2 more. I'm taking my MML front hubs along to verify bolt patterns.