HybridZ

lost my keys

• 2 months later...
Key code is listed on passenger door lock for Z cars if it's not on a label in the glove box. 79-83 also has it listed on the hatch lock, remove the license plate light and read it from the side of the lock. No key codes listed or stamped into the ignition locks, sorry. Send me a PM with your keycode, I'll send you some keys.

Warren, Owner

Custom Lock & Key

My Work Website

I seem to be having a problem finding that key code on the hatch lock cylinder. even took the whole thing out. Lost my keys a couple of months ago on my 83 zxt and its kind of a problem, if you know what I mean. In any case, any help would be appreciated on locating the number, no sticker in the glove box unless its not obviously posted. AND the pass door lock is kind of inconsiderately buried under a cover, lock rods and so on.

thanks,

mac

On my 79 280zx n/a, the code on the hatch lock was on the right side. It may be covered by paint, as mine was about halfway unreadable untill I chipped off some of tha paint. It looked like new underneath! Should be stamped along the right side of the cylinder, if they're all stamped in the same place.

Hi,

Turn them in to the police and tell them exactly where you found them. Most people will contact the police or put an ad in the paper looking for their keys.

This way they can get their keys back.

What you give comes back to you so if you do a good turn now it may come back to you when you need help

Hi,

Turn them in to the police and tell them exactly where you found them. Most people will contact the police or put an ad in the paper looking for their keys.

This way they can get their keys back.

What you give comes back to you so if you do a good turn now it may come back to you when you need help

HUH?

• 10 months later...

got keys made today from a local locksmith and the key only works on the passenger lock. none of the other locks or ignition will turn. any ideas?

pulled the code M4xxx from the passenger door lock cylinder.

Edited by gisser