HybridZ

U Joints

Juiced

If you read back through a lot of old posts you will see there are many different opinions on the topic. I think the one thing everyone agrees on is CV's can handle more angularity than U joints. Just the nature of the beast. There is also a strongly held believe that the U joints without a grease zerk are less likely to crack than the ones with zerks.

Beyond that I think you will get a lot of opinion and speculative evidence, but little hard fact.

Pop N Wood pretty much summed it up. The angularity issue is more for the lowered chassis. Add the typical Z quat on take-off, and the angles become dangerous to U-joints when combined with good bit of torque. We have had comments of long life U-joints, but I think these were with nearly perfect axle geometries.

Oh ok, well i;m not really planning any Hi torque launches seeing as how my motor really won;t make any real power till about 6k.

Can someone post up a list of what is needed for the swap. I would like to get them form one souce at one time if possible.